Norbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreyH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

there are not much conventions for naming of that entities. The most obviuos and well known ones are given/referenced below.

the very first and the most important is <b>namespace</b> (aka vendor aka prefix - depending on the context)

in order to avoid any collisions it is always strongly recommended to use a reverse internet domain reserved by your company as a vendor or prefix for all named entities.

in that way for SAP the vendor/prefix should be "com.sap", for MSFT - "com.microsoft", for W3C - "org.w3" etc.

Further constraints you might find in SLD:

- help

- namereservation dialogs contain additional information

- you might also have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/5a1babec592a4de10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">NW CE 7.1 SP3 help</a> (the rules are about the same for other releases)

A few more hints

- it is not recommended to repeat the vendor/prefix in the main part of the name,

instead of vendor "org.demo.my", name "<u>my.org.demo.</u>abc"

recommended: vendor "org.demo.my", name "abc"

- there is no need to include entity type in the name, e.g.

instead of name "my.demo.org.<u>DC</u>.my.application"

recommended: vendor "my.demo.org", name "my.application"

- if necessary (only you may now if it is the case), define a prefix per product and use it consistently in all entities those belong to the product. That would be particularly hepful if you plan to develop more than one product

- pay attention to the case(!)

If the information is too generic - you might give few examples those would help you to get better feeling.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know there are no naming conventions for these entities.