cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breadcrumb portal navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to implement a navigation through Dynpro pages in the Portal via the breadcrumb. To keep it's length and step number dynamic, I decided to use the MultipleBreadCrumbStep. I bound it to a context node BreadCrumb, which has 2 attributes: the Name and the Address. The Name is displayed as the text of the MultiplBreadCrumbStep. The Address is the navigation target.

But unfortunately I got stuck on one thing. The BreadCrumb element can pass me the clicked step as a parameter of the onSelect action. But when you use the MultiplBreadCrumbStep you always get the same UIElement name! Now the question is:

How can I find out the specific step in the MultiplBreadCrumbStep, which has been clicked?

I hope there is a way, otherwise the MultiplBreadCrumbStep wouldn't make any sense. But I don't seem to find it. Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

check the code example in documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/55/9abe6671d0d64fba6c91e6ea9e1185/frameset.htm

It's regarding RoadMap UI element, but it should help nevertheless

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stefanie for the pointer.

I just changed the wdDoModifyView method as follows:

if (firstTime) {

IWDBreadCrumb theBreadCrumb = (IWDBreadCrumb) view.getElement("PurchaseInitBreadCrumb");

theBreadCrumb.mappingOfOnSelect().addSourceMapping("nodeElement", "nodeElement");

}

I then enhanced the onSelect event with the parameter nodeElement. Now the context element index is passed through correctly via the nodeElement parameter.

BIG THANX for your help! lol Points awarded

In the link you sent me there is written, that nodeElement is a "common event parameter". Can you direct me to the docu explaining this common parameter in detail?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

explaining: yes, in detail: "na ja":

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/60/1f1f056f057d4d962375efd3c92ed0/frameset.htm

Scroll down and you will find a paragraph regarding this.

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aha, I see.

Must have missed it, thanks.