cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bapi_document_checkoutview2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Trying to use the above BAPI, but I can't get it to work. Error message is as follows

No temprorary current directory for your frontend available

Here are my settings

documentType = "MIU"

documentNumber = "xxx"

documentPart = "000"

documentVersion = "xx"

documentfile/wsapplication = "PDF"

documentfile/docpath = "c:\dms"

getstructure = 1

getcomponents = "X"

originalpath = "c:\dms"

getheader = "X"

pf_ftp_dest = "SAPFTP"

The c:\dms folder exists on both the xmii server and my PC. If I take out the references to "c:\dms" the error changes to

File h:\_USERNAME01.pdf cannot be created

I've also tried BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEWX with similar settings, and the same errors occur.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Sorry Guys,

I am posting this to a very old thread. But is there a resolution to the problem listed by Nick. If yes, then what is it.

Thanks & Regards

VG

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

Please post your question in a new message and provide a link to the prior related message.

In this manner, you can prevent all the notifications going to the original poster and you can also award points for a successful resolution.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

are you able to get the desired output if you execute the BAPI in se37?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

In the client I don't do the pf_ftp_dest = "SAPFTP" setting, but if you try that in xmii you get another error

I::001 RFC partner does not allow to start any program

I found another post on another board which told me I had to set the SAPFTP thing, but unfortunately that post didn't seem to answer my subsequent problems.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos

Nick,

The "I::001 RFC partner does not allow to start any program" error is because the the ABAP calls a function native to SAP GUI to open the associated file by it's type. The only current method is to either write your own BAPI to return the document base64 encoded and then use the ImageSaver action in xMII to write it out to the server's filesystem.

There is a Custom Content Mgmt. action for the document get, but it will only retrieve a single document. It does this via an HTTP Post directly to the Content Mgmt. system and can be downloaded from the xMII Wiki in the Customization section.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will the Custom Content Mngmt Action still work in 12.0?

0 Kudos

Nick,

No, it was written for v11.5 but I have the v12 version already done just not posted onto the SDN or documented for v12 yet. But it works the same way.

Sam

0 Kudos

Nick,

Just as a heads up, you can probably use the standard POST action for this the majority of the time, unless you need to digitally sign the request with an MD5-Content HTTP Request header. Otherwise here's the docs on how to do it:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f5/9561c5f3b111d1955b0000e82deb58/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f5/9561c5f3b111d1955b0000e82deb58/content.htm</a>

Hope this helps.

Sam

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

I have the requirement to download the files from DMS to the some file location.

Could you please give me the bapis for the same (or) tell me any other approach?

Thanks in advance.

--Vansi

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nick,

Mainly files are Auto CAD file (DWG files).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam

These solutions all seem to relate to the CMS (which we are not using) or am I missing something?

I found another post

Link: [;

in which you helped someone display the document once he had got it back, but with no mention of custom bapi for getting it back in the first place. Do you have any idea how he managed this?

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos

Nick,

The way that I understand the CM and DMS world is that both are under the "Knowledge Provider" umbrella and the DMS is an ABAP path into the repository and the CM is the HTTP path into the repository. Here's a link on the architecture of the systems:

[Knowledge Provider (BC-SRV-KPR)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/15/aea9375d79fb7de10000009b38f8cf/content.htm]

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not an expert just had some brief exposure to these systems helping out a customer and others on the SDN.

The DMS route with the standard BAPIs will not work remotely and the CM route with Java code works with a simple HTTP Post unless you have security enabled. In which case you need a custom action to handle the certificate and MD5 post header to be added as previously mentioned.

Back to the DMS/ABAP route...from what the customer had told me on how they ultimately solved this was via ABAP so I know it's possible. There are a couple of ABAP functions/classes, sorry not an ABAPer, which are not remote enabled which you need to call from your custom remote enabled BAPI/RFC. This will return base64 encoded chunks of your binary file in multiple items which in BLS need to first be assembled into a String and then saved off via the image saver action or base64 decoded and streamed back to the requesting client.

Hope that this helps a little bit more but if you need further help on this you may have to contact someone who specializes in the BC-SRV-KPR area either via a CSS note or maybe either a category under the NetWeaver forum.

Sorry I can't be more help but I hope that this at least helps get you in the right direction.

Sam

Edited by: Salvatore Castro on Jan 23, 2008 9:37 AM