cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to represent foreign key relationship between entity services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two entity services sbu and lob with remote persistensy(web service).In the sql database also i have these two tables.

lob table attributes: lobId and lobName.

sbu table attributes:sbuId,sbuName,and lobId.Here lobId a is foreign key referring to primary key of lob table.

I want to represent this in the entity services.

Can you plz tell me how can i do this?.

Thanks

Sampath.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

open the sbu entity service for editing. select the lob entity service in the entity catalog tree and add it as a relation.

@see:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ae/770141f72ef323e10000000a155106/content.htm

Best regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens for your reply.

I have done what you said.I have tested it throw service browser. While creating a record in the sbu entity ,it is simply asking the Lob entity parameters and creating a record in the lob table also.I don,t want this.

It should create sbu record with three parameters sbuId,lobId and sbuName and It should check whether that particular lobId is in the lob table instead of creating lob record.

Thanks

Sampath.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

to avoid creating a lob entity set the lobId and the timestamp attributes. because this is not smoothly done in the service browser, continue writing your UI.

in old caf implementation this blog serie gives you a short overview...

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/18/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-i

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/18/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-ii

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/19/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-iii

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/21/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-iv

Regards, Jens