cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Assignment in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello cProjects Experts,

Can some one explain me how to configure automatic resource assignment based on certain criteria against each task. Do we need to use qualification management for this ?.

Can this be done without any additional addons?. Please explain with any documentation available.

Thanks

Pugazh

pugazh_as@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can u please explain some more on automatic Resource assignment.

I believe cProjects supports resource search based on skills n qualifications assigned to project roles. BPs / resources are need to be with individual skills n qualification, and based on Project role qualification criteria, resources can be identified and staffed to tasks. this comes standard in CPR.

Please explain ur query with more details.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pramod,

Thansk for your reply.

I will provide the project template including task-role assignment. Therefore, I'd like to assign resource to task automatically in staffing the resources to role when I create the operational project copied from template.

I know I must assingn resource to task after staffing to show my task list.

Thanks

James.

Edited by: JaeHyung Lee on Dec 4, 2009 5:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Let me explain what I understood:

1/ In your operational project, you have role-task assignments.

2/ You assign a resource to the role

--> You would like the system to automatically assign the resource to the task (and not do it manually). Am I right?

First, I would precise that it's not mandatory to assign the resource to the task in order to see the task in the worklist. The role assignment is enough.

Then, if you still want to assign the resource automatically, you can use the BADI dpr_events, with a filter on "resource assigned". You can then simulate the entity link between the concrete role (assigned resource) and the task.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Did you find solutions ?

Pls let me know. I have the same requirement.

Thanks

James