cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

In material master, QM view there is a field "catalog profile".What is the use of it?

And how it does work.Please explain in detail as i have never used the field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Catalogues are used to specify different problem codes, reasons etc. In quality notifications you can assign these codes and select the same there. For each material you can assign those profiles.

For creation of these profiles see OQN6. To enter the codes and reasons in these profiles see QS41.

Regards,

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sumeet,

thanks for the reply.but i want to know the scenario when i will have to use catalog profile in material master - QM view. or what is the use of assigning catalog profile in material master - QM view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

The catalog profile is used so that you can assign various defect codes and reasons for the particular material from profile.

But if you dont assign this profile in the QM view, you will be able to assign the codes from all available profiles.

I hope this is clear.

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

sumeet,

this you are talking about where to assgin the codes?

it it in notifications?

if this is so,what is the use as anyhow we can assign any codes if we will not use any catalog profile in material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Yes, you are right. But by giving a profile you can restrict the material to be used against other profiles. You will only get the codes which are assigned to that particular profile assigned in material master.

Other profiles in this case will not be slected.

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

so i dont think this functionality is used widely.

But it is related to Quality notifications only right?

thanks for the answer.

also i have rewarded points.

Message was edited by:

sandip raut

Answers (0)