cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to know about OB08. Can anyone explain me what is the impact of the first column ' ExRt ' in OB08. What should we select in this ExRt field for maintaining the currency exchange rate here and how it will effect in sale order?

Explain me in detail please.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

To my knowledge, the currency what you maintain at Company Code level will be your local currency.

Whenever, you make export shipments in the respective foreign currency, it will be converted into INR from OB08 currency. Here I differ from what others said above. It is taking "<b>C</b>" instead of "<b>M</b>". You can compare this with your excise invoice and billing document by dividing the INR value of the excise invoice with billing document foreign currency.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is basically the type of rate you want to get.

If yoy take sales scenario we generally use M,that means it's a std. transalation at average rate.if you maintain thai you need to upadate exchange rate daily.

Like above we have somany option in that,dependes upon requirement we have to mainatain that.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

These are just various exchange rate types.

For e.g. to a customer in Europe ,you want to give a different rate and for US customer he rate is different.

Suppose your company code currency is Euro and your sales order currency is in USD then the exchange rate will come into picture.There is an accounting document type related to your billing type.

You can define the exchange rate type for your accounting document in transaction "OBA7".If the exch rate type is blank in OBA7 then the sytem will by default pick rate type "M".

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karan

I got you. I have seen OBA7, but for which type I have to check there? Moreover how is the accounting documnet related to sale order? It is generally raised after billing. Here I am just checking in sale order. My company code currency is INR and I am changing my sale order currency to USD. I have maintained exchange rate in OB08 as 48.00 by selecting ' EXP ' in first column ( where EXP is new one we have created for that particular client). But in sale order it is picking 51.00 where it is maintained in OB08 with first column as ' M '.

I think now you understood. So what is the impact of this ExRt (first column) in sale order??

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the custonmer master record of sales area data under sales tab,there is one field called exchange rate type(right side).

Can you just check is the any value has been mainatned on that.

Also check you pricing date in the sales order.Based on this exchange rate will determine for sales from OB08.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

1) First of all goto transaction VOFA and check the accounting document type for your billing document.Now you have to check for the same accounting document type in OBA7.

2) As such there will be no effect of sales order exchange rate on accounting.It just explains the conversion of your document currency and Company code currency.

3) As I already explain you,if the exchange rate field in OBA7 is blank then the system will pick rate type "M" by default.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

As you explained in point 2) that there is no impact in sale order for the exchange rate. Then how it is picking the rate from ExRt type M only in sale order (where there was no billing nothing). How the sale order knows to pick the value from ExRt type M only while there are many other conversion rates from USD to INR with other ExRt types?? My problem is only at sale order level.

Please guide me clearly

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

As i said earlier,can you check customer master record.See my above response.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

In continuation to the suggestions given above, in <b>OBA7</b>, you have to select document type "<b>RD</b>" and click the blue lens on top.

Now you can see on the right side, a field "<i><b>Default Values</b></i>". See what is maintained here.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi