Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Activities (Internal)

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PS Gurus,

Request kindly let me know whether we can customise/configure the Network Activity dates (Must start on & Must finish on ) mandatory fields in PS.

Currently, we are having standard templates in network, whenever the project is created, immediately network is created by user taking the standard template and assign the same with WBS element/Project Definition. In Network, standard template activities are copied into the Network, in Network, internal activities are defined, and user has to give dates (must start on & must finish on), but since it is not mandatory fields, dates are not given and saved the network.

I would like to make the Mandatory fields of dates for user to duly put the dates and save the network. Pl help in how this can be done?

thanx in advance

regadrs

srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrihari,

To suppliment my posting earlier in the day:

"Must Finish" & "Must Start" dates - I made the entries "required" in OPUC (Network details). The dates have become required entries irrespective of whether network is created using CN21 or using standard networks. Also these have become "Required" entries for already existing networks also.

Muraleedharan.R

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidharan,

Still i am not successful by having the following fields required at OPUC.

Finsih constaint (AFVGD-NTEND)

Start Constaint (AFVGD-NTANF)

My network is getting saved despite the above done at OPUC level. I would like to inform you that while creating network, if i go the activity overview and select internal activity & details, then, the required fields are active and not able to save, but while creating network, if i don't go the Activity Overview, the network is getting saved despite having the above fields - required at OPUC level.

Request kindly suggest how i can ensure a Network Save shall not take place if I either go to Activity Overview or without getting into.

regards

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot control it at network level and will have to do so at activity level. It seems you are creating network first and then assigning activities. In this case you can save the network. But if you create activity directly, wherein network will get created automatically in background, you will not be able to save the activity or network.

Hope this helps.

Regards

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi shrikant,

thanx for your input,

but first of all i wud like to make it clear, that i am using the standard network templated created thru cn01, the same network template is being used while creating the network at cn21.

now my standard network template created at the time of go live, the same template has the internal & external activites which were constant for my repetitive project network.

hope u r in line what i am looking for, whenever a network is being created thru cn21 and used standard network plate, after getting into the activity overview, u will find the internal & external activitives copied from standard network template, for the same activities, i select activity line item and go to the details, there the dates comes into picture " MUST START ON --- DATE & MUST FINISH ON -- DATE"

these two fields wanted to be made mandatory for my Network before saving whether i go to activity overview or not.

regards

Srihari

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

I tried out making the "must start", "must finish" dates required entries. It is working without any problem even in existing networks.. I sugget you check out once again on this.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish to make a supplimentary point:

Afetr making a field "required" further etting are possible which may like to try out. For insatnce, for the field "Finish constaint" there are certain 'influencing' field. The influencing fields allow you specify the conditions under which the field under question should be "required". That is, when you make the finish date date mandatory, by using the influencing field you can control for which order type this should be "required".

I suggest you try this out.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari

In your case i think making the fields mandatory wont work. u can try with the work around like creating the automatic validation at the time of saving operative network created from standard network using the T Code: OPSI. Provide the same in the network profile TCode: OPUU

U may use the following fields for validation and provide an information message, so that i will allow saving in case of complex projects but with information.

AFVGD-EINSA : start constraint

AFVGD-EINSE : finish constraint

AFVGD-NTANF: start date

AFVGD-NTEND : finish date

Regards

Murali

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanx so much for the solution,

Other than validations, is there any solution to make the fields mandatory to thru an error for asking the Must start on & Must finish on dates in Network (Internal) & (External) activities.

if I put the required indication for following in OPUC, will it throw error while saving the network (when network is created)

AFVGD - EINSA - Start constraint

AFVGD - EINSE - Finish constraint

AFVGD - NTANF- Start Date

AFVGD - NTEND- Finish Date

please help

regards

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following additional fields may be made required field:

Finsih constaint (AFVGD-NTEND)

Start Constaint (AFVGD-NTANF)

The above fields are different from"Constraint on " fields.

Also pl note that if your project structure is complex, making tehse field "required' can create lot complications since the users will not be able to save project uless constaints are enetered. This may force users to input dummy dates, while creating the project which may be more dangerous than 'no dates'. So pl weigh pros and cons before making the actual changes.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto TCode: OPUC, make the fields 'Constraint on Start' and 'Constraint on Finish' as Required. This will solve your problem.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi shrikant,

i have tried as suggested, but it is not asking for the dates (start & finish) in Internal activities of network while saving the network work.

my requirement is if the user forgot to put the dates in network for the both internal & external activities, the network shall not be saved.

pl advise

regards

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

I have checked the scenario, when you try to save activity without giving constraints system will give error. This will take effect for new networks which you create henceforth and not for existing network. Try creating a new network. Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i have tried with creating new network but it is not working.

wud like to tell you that, we are using standard network template, i don't know the OPUC activation will work or not.

pl let me know.

regards

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you will have to create a new standard network and then a new operative network based on the new standard network.

Hope this helps.

Regards