cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress row when one column contains zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query that displays several key figures as columns, when one of these key figures = 0, the row should not be displayed. I can't use zero suppression because the other columns have values of not zero.

Anybody have any idea how I can do this?

Thanks

Brigitte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on 3.5 so it might be different for you, but this is step-by-step what I did...

Choose Exception toolbar button, select New Exception, enter a Description and click in Active (or you can leave it blank and activate it from the report). Select the Key Figure you want to use. In Exception Values tab From and To columns, put a range of values and choose an Alert value then press Transfer button. In Validity Area of Exception, select whether you want the highlighting to appear on all lines or only totals. Then choose the characteristic(s) you want the condition to be shown for. If the report user doesn't have that characteristic(s) in their drill down, the condition will not show. Then choose the Operator (play with these to see which one you want). Depending on the Operator, you may then have to specify a Value. Eg if your characteristic is Customer, you may want the condition to apply to all customers or only ones of a specific value. Again, press on Transfer. Then OK.

I even got fancy and created a variable in by Exception Values From column so that my customer can select what percentage from value they want to see highlighted. I also found I had to fill To column with all 9's to get a high value - because in 3.5 I can't select "greater than" which I know can be done in later versions.

Anyway, have a play with all the options. If I could work it out I'm sure anybody can.

Regards

Brigitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks anyway. I worked it out myself. I needed to create a Condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi McDonald.

Can you please tell me how to use conditions to supress I have same requirement.

Thankyou McDonald

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entire row has to be supressed if zero appears in a particular column of that row.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it something like Cells having zeroes should be suppressed ?

Not the complete row itself .....