cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid password during xi-installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it appears an error like unvalid password. the password you specified for user <sid>adm is wrong.

I've checked: The password of the installation and the password of the windows user <sid>adm are similar.

Can anybody help me, please.

Thanks

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The users <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> were created on the local machine or domain ? If they were created in a domain, are you choosing the Domain User intallation ?

regards

SKM

After looking at your recent message:

Most of the SAP passwords max. length is 8 characters. I bearly remember that there is an OSS Note about this. I will try to find and post.

Message was edited by: SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same problem. My initial SIDadm password was 9 charatcers. I have now changed this to a 7 character password, retried the XI install and it fails. SAPinst logs suggest something to do with "The step storeSidadmPassword with step key ExchangeInfrastructure|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|GenericAskJavahomeAndPasswords|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|storeSidadmPassword was executed with status ERROR."

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue last time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

There is a windows user called SIDadm. You must change the password of this user, too.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stefan,

You can easily bypass this check. When it asks for password, manually change the password for that windows service user to the same password you gave and click next. It will go to the next step!! You have to do the same when ever it gives the error. By this you don't have to halt your installation anywhere and can have a smooth installation and don't worry about any passwords given previously since you use the same password from start till end for a particular user.

The main reason for this is, installation creates users with passwords>8 chars (if we give) and truncates during the check or the vise versa.

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at OSS message 721548.

it explains how to change pwd in XI.

Possibly you will find a solution when going through the procedure.

here it is:

Symptom

You want to change the passwords of the XI service users in XI 3.0.

Reason and Prerequisites

The XI service users that are created during the installation of XI 3.0 are subsequently created in the R/3 system and added to the exchange profile with the passwords that were set during the installation. The users are maintained in various links and transactions during the Post Installation Steps.

If you want to change the passwords, you have to change them everywhere in a consistent way.

Solution

You must change the passwords at the following locations:

1. Transaction SU01 in the R/3 system:

You must change the passwords for the R/3 ABAP.

1. Exchange profile - server settings:

Call the XI exchange profile using:

http://<xi host>:<j2ee port> /exchangeProfile

Select the 'Connection' link and adjust the password for the XILDUSER user.

1. Exchange profile:

You must now change the passwords in all parameters of the exchange profile to declare them to the Java applications.

To do this, start the Exchange Profile as described in section 2, and adjust the changed passwords.

1. SLDAPICUST

In transaction SLDAPICUST, adjust the password for the XIAPPLUSER user.

1. Transaction SM59, INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI destination:

In transaction SM59, adjust the password for the XIISUSER user in the HTTP INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI destination.

1. SLD bridge in the J2EE Administrator Tool:

Log on to the J2EE Administrator Tool. Under "Cluster --> Server --> Services --> SLD data supplier", change the password for the relevant user.

1. PMI Store destination in the J2EE Administrator Tool:

Log on to the J2EE Administrator Tool. Under "Cluster --> Server --> Services --> Destinations", change the password for the XIRWBUSER user in the HTTP pmistore destination.

1. Adapter Framework Messaging Fallback User

Log on to the J2EE Administrator Tool. Using Cluster --> Server --> Services --> Adapter Framework Messaging, change the password for the corresponding users in the following parameters:

messaging.isconfig.password

for the user in messaging.isconfig.username

messaging.system.eventHandler.XI.isconfig.password

for the user in messaging.system.eventHandler.XI.isconfig.username

These parameters no longer exist as of Support Package 04. In this case, you do not need to make any changes at this point.

1. SM59 connections for end-to-end monitoring

In SM59, adjust the user password in all connections that start with PMI*. You must adapt the connections under 'R3 connections' and 'HTTP connections for external server'.

In addition, adapt the passwords in the systems to those that indicate the SM59 connection, if this is not the XI itself.

1. SM59 connections for GRMG monitoring

In SM59, change the user password in all connections that start with XI_GRMG*. You must adapt the connections under 'HTTP connections to R/3 systems' and under 'HTTP connections to external server'.

In addition, adapt the passwords in the systems to those that indicate the SM59 connection, if this is not the XI itself.

1. Restart the J2EE engine.

2. Links with sending business systems:

In addition, you must check in all sending systems whether you are using one of the service users (for example, XIAPPLUSER) to log on to the XI system and change the passwords in the relevant systems.

For this purpose, check the relevant SM59 destinations and logon data in the sending adapters.

You should also refer to the Post Installation Steps described in the XI 3.0 Installation Guide.

Checking the service links

After you have changed the passwords, perform the checks that are described in the Installation Guide under Post Installation Activities:

a) Checking the installation - Part 1

b) Checking the installation - Part 2

c) Testing the Cache Refresh

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

during the XI-Installation SAP wants to get the password of the user called <sid>adm which is created during the abap-sytem-installation as a windows user.

so during the xi-installation I get an error that the password is not correct although the password of the windows-user and the password of the xi-installation are similar.

Have yout got any idea?

Thanks

Greets

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my <sid>adm-password has a length of 9 characters, but in the edit field of the xi-installation you can write only 8 characters.

Greets

Stefran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

has nobody a suggestion to solve my problem?

Greets

Stefan