Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST, Taxes and remote enabled function models

I am using BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST to create AR customer invoices but I’ve run into a problem with taxes. I would like to use just the information that a user going through FB70 would need to create the invoice but including taxes requires me to get the account and do the calculation for the taxes. I could solve all of my problems by using the FM CALCULATE_TAX_FROM_NET_AMOUNT except it’s not remote enabled.

I see two possible solutions:

1) Wrapper CALCULATE_TAX_FROM_NET_AMOUNT in a remote enabled function module.

.. OR ..

2) Require the user to provide the tax amount and the account that it should go to.

I don’t like (1) because the user has to install a custom FM on their system and I don’t like (2) because it’s not user friendly for them to have to calculate the taxes (depends on the jurisdiction) or happen to know the account number. So far it looks like (1) is the best choice.

Is there any better way to deal with this problem? Another FM besides BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST that handles taxes and is remote enabled? Another FM besides CALCULATE_TAX_FROM_NET_AMOUNT that calculates the taxes and returns the account number that’s remote enabled? Other alternatives?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Karl

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question