Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Partner functions in Mobile Sales Application

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have custom partner functions Z1(Inside Sales) /Z2 (Outside Sales) in CRM for BP(Sold_To). When i did a CONNTRANS with the subscription Customer & Prospects (By US) expecting to see my Z1/Z2 under "SALES TEAM" tile set. But i did not get my custom partner functions (Z1/Z2).

I found a note 521871 and did every step of it also the mobile tables SMOKVBEZTP /SMOKVBEZTX/SMOKVLKTAB were populated accordinly as mentioned in the note. Again i did a CONNTRANS but still nothing.

I guess i am missing 2 parts here:

1. Getting master data down to mobile employee table SMOMITABT. These Z1/Z2 are

EMPs in CRM online. We have more than 200 employees in CRM. I am sure they will

not be pulled thru BUPA_REL as they are not contact.

2. Currently i do have 10 employees in SMOMITABT table and they are linked with Z1/Z2

partner function to the Sold_To in CRM. Even these ten are not showing any link with

the Sold_To in "SALES TEAM" title set.

Am i missing any config step/data loading step to SMOMITABT?

Thanks in advance,

Karuna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't have to do anything to get the master data to mobile table. As soon as we create a BP in EMP role this record will be updated to the table SMOMITABT. All i need to worry is to link these EMPs to Sold_To thru custom partner function thru Z1/Z2. Please letr me know if anyone out there has any idea.

Thanks,

Karuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some comments/questions to your issue(s):

1) As the new partner functions are customizing data these must be synchronized manually or by a batch job

---> ar those new functions available when you try to create a new sales team member in the mentioned tileset?

2) Sales team members are employees and therefore stored in smomitabt but the linked objects are stored in smokvbez7 (interlinkage table CAP->EMP) which comes along with CAPGEN_OBJECT_WRITE (BP sBDoc).

---> Did you already check whether the entries were existing in this table (CDB and local DB)? You need to filter on BP key sfakna1 and EMP key sfamitabt

3) You mentioned that 200 BP with role EMP are existing but only 10 entries in smomitabt? How can this happen?

4) I am not so sure but I remember that note 521871 (i.e. maintain new functions in MSY and upload this data to CRM/CDB) must be applied BEFORE initial load of BP (BUPA_MAIN) from CRM to CDB.

---> Maybe you can test this by creating a new BP in CRM

Regards,

Wolfhard

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

Thank you fpor your reply. Sorry for getting back so late.

1) As the new partner functions are customizing data these must be synchronized manually or by a batch job - ??

---> ar those new functions available when you try to create a new sales team member in the mentioned tileset?

ANSWER: Yes i am able to see the custom partner functions in my tileset

---> Did you already check whether the entries were existing in this table (CDB and local DB)? You need to filter on BP key sfakna1 and EMP key sfamitabt

ANSWER: There were 0 entries in the begining. After seeing your post i added a inside and outside sales rep to BP ans those came down to MSA. Thats when the table smokvbez7 got updated with enties.

---> Maybe you can test this by creating a new BP in CRM

ANSWER: I did that and that worked. You are correct. We need to implement the note before we do any BUPA_MAIN loads to CDB.

--->You mentioned that 200 BP with role EMP are existing but only 10 entries in smomitabt? How can this happen?

ANSWER: We have our ECC system in PROD for past 6 yrs and CRM for the past 1 yrs. Employees in ECC were created as customer as we did not have HR module. When we went live with CRM we got these EMP data as BP (ORG category). So that we can have data in synch between these two systems. For testing purpose we created 10 employees as 'PERSON' category and with EMP role. Those are the 10 that showed in SMOMITABT.

We have a problem here.We got all the inside/outside onto mobile sales as customers. We were wondering how to show them linked to the BP(SOLD_TO) in MSA. Could you please suggest any workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Karuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

Just want to have more clarity on your problem so that I can answer .

Are you seeing employees as a sales team for the BP in CRM server ?

Regards

Santosh

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to see these employees in CRM under RELATIONSHIP tab. In MSA i am seeing them in 'Sales Team' tile set.

Thanks,

Karuna.

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I should say that my post is answered. Since i am able to see the EMP (PERSON cat) in sales team. As Wolfhard suggestions help me I am rewarding Wolfhard. Thank you very much Wolfhard .

Thanks,

Karuna.