cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM prioritization by category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all -

Our requirement is to cover the Demand (Fcst) first and then look at inventory requirements (safety stock etc) when using CTM. In case of capacity shortfalls, we want to make sure that the forecasts are met.

We do not have the system ready yet but this is what I am planning to do.

1) In the demand priotization tab of the CTM profile, enter the tech name as <b>ATPCAT</b> and define the direction as <b>decreasing</b>.

2) Define the special sorting sequence for ATPCAT in SPRO and specify the category FA(Fcst) as item 0 which is high priority.

Can you please let me know if this is the way to do it or is there another way? Would this work for what I am trying to achieve or did someone have to do implement any user exits?

Thanks for your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are correct... ctm will plan forecast demands first then after the complete run; will plan the safety stock values.

there is a control parameter you can use to plan both at same time but there are issues with this.

Ken Snyder

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are on right path. There is no need for a user exit since the sort sequence definition in config defines the ATP prioritization sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was going through some CTM documentation and it says that when we check " <b>Build Up Safety Stock</b>" for and "<b> Note Safety Days Supply",</b> and the appripriate strategy like "always consider" etc the system plans all forecast first and then the SS values.

For me it looks like this is the default behavior of CTM that it plans all forecast first and only if possible( in case of available capacity) it tries to cover the safety stock values.

So I am assuming that I do not have to do the customization of special sort using ATP categories.

Can somebody confirm this?

Thanks!

Varun

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default behaviour of CTM would be to cover Sales Order, Forecasts and Safety Stock in that order. However there could be situations where there could be dependent demand and distribution demand coming into play.(These should typically be between Forecasts and Safety stock in terms of priority with distr demand > dep demand in terms of prioity) You would need to model these situations to understand the default behaviour. In case you would always want to have Forecasts precedence over other forms of demand, then it may be a good idea to have ATPCAT as a sorting criteria. A good way to test the scenarios will be to use Demand Simulation tool in CTM profile and check how the demands are priortized with and without ATPCAT setting.