cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Service unavailable, dispatcher running, but no server connected

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the below error: when connecting to <i>http://starxi:50000/rep/start/index</i>

<b> 503 Service unavailable </b>

<b>dispatcher running, but no server connected</b>

<b>Details</b>: No Details available.

please can any one help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Visual Admin, check if all the required services are running and start them, else restart the Java Stack in the XI server.

Regards,

S.Santhosh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

i'm unable to open Visual Admin aswell, it says <b>"unable to look connection default"</b> http://starxi:8101/msgserver/text/logon return empty list of connection parameters

and when i'm telnet 50000 it gives me error <b>"could not open connection to the host, on port 23: connect failed"</b>

and how do i restart the Java stack in the XI server (is it thro' SMICM) ? if so then i have already done that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have tried all the solution provided by you. thanks for that.

but this is a generic error and without seeing the log files, it could be any number of things...

Actually accidently i pressed button "Restore all to default" in com.sap.security.core.ume.service in SAP J2EE Engine <b>Config Tool</b> ...

that is what even my server log says as below... but how do I restore the previous entries?

[quote]

#1.5#02004C4F4F5000200000000A000011A800043FEBCA73FBA4#1196181775234#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_27##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#Plain###Service security error. Nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException: Unexpected exception:

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:186)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:142)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:73)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:145)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: Anonymous principal not configured

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.SecurityContext.setAnonymousPrincipal(SecurityContext.java:504)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:150)

... 5 more

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.server.userstore.UserstoreException: Could not get user Guest

at com.sap.security.core.server.userstore.UserContextUME.engineGetUserInfo(UserContextUME.java:187)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.userstore.context.UserContext.getUserInfo(UserContext.java:87)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.SecurityContext.setAnonymousPrincipal(SecurityContext.java:498)

... 6 more

Caused by: com.sap.security.api.NoSuchUserAccountException: USER_AUTH_FAILED: User account for logonid "Guest" not found!

at com.sap.security.core.imp.AbstractUserAccount.<init>(AbstractUserAccount.java:334)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.DBTextFileUserAccount.<init>(DBTextFileUserAccount.java:56)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserAccountFactory.getUserAccountByLogonId(UserAccountFactory.java:339)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserAccountFactory.getUserAccountByLogonId(UserAccountFactory.java:277)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserAccountFactory.getUserAccountByLogonId(UserAccountFactory.java:371)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserAccountFactory.getUserAccountByLogonId(UserAccountFactory.java:366)

at com.sap.security.core.server.userstore.UserContextUME.engineGetUserInfo(UserContextUME.java:183)

... 8 more

#

#1.5#02004C4F4F5000200000000C000011A800043FEBCA7407BD#1196181775234#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_27##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#

#1.5#02004C4F4F5000200000000E000011A800043FEBCA740D3E#1196181775234#/System/Server##com.sap.engine.core.Framework#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_27##0#0#Fatal#1#com.sap.engine.core.Framework#Plain###Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#

[/quote]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this SAP Note: 956867. This should resolve this issue.

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/956867">Note 956867 - USER_AUTH_FAILED: User account for logonid "Guest" not found</a>

Hope this is useful

Regards,

S.Santhosh Kumar

周建华
Participant
0 Kudos

Nice

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

again i'm facing the same error: when connecting to IB.

<b>503 Service unavailable

dispatcher running, but no server connected

Details: No Details available.</b>

but no errors are shown in the logs....

please tell me what else to check.

My assumption is J2EE Engine is not running properly. i have restarted it many times using SMICM.. but it is not restarting properly i guess...

and when i try to connect to Visual Administrator,

i got error message "unable to lookup connection Default

http://starxi:8101/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of connection parameter".

please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How was the issue resolved ? Was the SAP Note useful ?

Regards,

S.Santhosh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution,

as per my log, user: <b>Guest</b> was missing, so created User:Guest using SAP* as in the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/351941edd5ef23e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

thank you all for your prompt answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema

error code 503 stands for Service Unavailable

This code indicates the server is temporarily unable to process the client's request. A server that becomes overloaded may use this code to let the client know that it can retry the request later.

for more details on error code follow the link

http://www.web-cache.com/Writings/http-status-codes.html

you have to restart J2EE engine

steps to restart J2EE engine

1) run transaction SMICM

2) then in the tab administration => J2EE instance(local) =>send soft shutdown with restart

by this java engine will restart and will be up in 5-10 minutes and your problem will be solved

Thanks

sandeep sharma

PS ; if helpful kindly reward points

Message was edited by:

sandeep sharma

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

read this blog,

/people/vinoth.murugaiyan/blog/2007/08/06/how-to-the-change-the-application-stopped-message

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Restart XI.Make sure all processes are green

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happend when the Dispatcher has started ... but not (yet) the servers attached to the dispatcher. We get this once in a while.

We only need to wait a couple of minutes and the servers get started. It is - however - a bit longer if you are running XI/PI in a cluster (HA)

MO

A+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

to me it looks like your Server Node(s) is not running but the dispatcher node is running.

try restarting the XI server and make sure both Dispatcher Node and Server nodes are running.

Thanx

Aamir