cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation mechanism in SAP XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am new to SAP XI. I need to validate incoming data. Recieved via File adaptor. Validation takes place with SAP z tables and update Oracle database after validation. How can i do this? After recieving file how to validate it with SAP tables and based on results update Oracle database.

Can some one guide me with this scenario??

Thanks

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you don't have any inbuilt mechanism in XI 3.0 or PI 7.0 for XML validation.

PI7.1 has a tool(i guess its Java based) for XML validation.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you might have received the answer ..just for others who view this question:

7.1 has inbuilt validation for sender and receiver , for example while configuring sender agreement you have schema validation , you can select either validation by adapter or validation by integration engine, normally validation by adapter is used.

after this , take the XSD pf your date type created and give it your sender system vendors so that they can save this schame in their system , tell em to copy your XSD into their system for validation..this will do the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your scenario of File to JDBC which requires Data Validation against a Custom Table in SAP R/3. One way to design is as below assuming the number of fields to be validated are called in one RFC lookup call per message.

1. Create a Custom RFC in SAP R/3 to validate the data from file with the data in the ZTable and return a Validation code ( True/False)

2. In the Message Mapping, create a UDF and pass the incoming data from file to the Custom RFC for validation by doing a RFC lookup.

3. Based on the Validation code returned by the RFC, in the message mapping decide on the next action to update the Oracle DB or to stop with error.

Reference Link: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1b439">Mapping lookups – RFC API</a>

Hope this will be helpful

Regards,

S.Santhosh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aamir

Thanks for replying. I am working with SAP PI 7.1. I didnt find anyway that I can validate a particular data with SAP table. Is there any way that validation can be done before or after taking file in SAP PI

Thanks

Gaurav Bhargava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i myself m not working on PI 7.1 right now so don't know the exact tool name but i came to know from techEd that PI 7.1 will have a tool for XML payload validation.

as you are already on PI 7.1(congrats )you might wanna explore it.

secondly data validation must usually be done in the sender system,so try to make sure that the sender system sends you correct file,if thats not possible then you might wanna use ABAP mapping .

but my first shot would be exploring the new tool PI 7.1 has

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the stated requirement, the incoming Data needs to be validated with Reference Data/ Records available in Custom Table in SAP R/3. So SAP PI would need to access the ZTable in SAP R/3 by RFC/ ABAP Proxy/ WS.

This you may need to design considering the complete functional and non functional requirements of the interface.

In case you are looking for Schema validation, try to explore SAP PI 7.1 feature.

Regards,

S.Santhosh Kumar