cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade for Custom objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to upgrade our system to BI 7.0 next week. We will do technical upgrade only.

Appreciate if you can clarify few doubts

1. We have lots of custom Infocubes, ODS and update rules that are created as copy of standard objects. What impact should we expect for these objects.

I guess minimal but if SAP has made changes to their standard data flows

( like certain calculations in update rules or new infoobjects in ODS etc )

would they be needed in my custom versions and if yes how would I know what is changed?

2. When we do the functional upgrade will it be easier or harder for these custom objects as compared to the standard ones. ( Wondering if we should have stayed with the standard ones )

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. We have lots of custom Infocubes, ODS and update rules that are created as copy of standard objects. What impact should we expect for these objects.

I guess minimal but if SAP has made changes to their standard data flows

( like certain calculations in update rules or new infoobjects in ODS etc )

would they be needed in my custom versions and if yes how would I know what is changed?

Good news, SAP doesnt have any content with the new data flow. I see no reason why SAP woudl change thier std objects, if thats the case SAP will come with a new object and ask the customers to slowly move to the new one as the old one would be obsolete soon. Your existing dataflow wouldnt be disturbed, even though you have ur custom objects (who doesnt have custom objects)

2. When we do the functional upgrade will it be easier or harder for these custom objects as compared to the standard ones. ( Wondering if we should have stayed with the standard ones )

either way you have to manually migrate the dataflow, so it shouldnt matter if its std or custom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful tips.

I would also like to know if there is any benefit or drawbacks of using the SAP objects instead of creating your own custom versions.