Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format YYYY-MM-DD from SAP WS not understood in Flex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create a web service in SAP that sends out a date.

When I look at the WSDL, the date is in the following format:

<xsd:simpleType name="date">

<xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">

<xsd:maxLength value="10" />

<xsd:pattern value="\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d" />

</xsd:restriction>

Flex 2 is not accepting this format into a date object.

Is there any way to tell SAP to use a different date format? Is there any other solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member10945
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't really suggest using Flex Builder 2 with SAP, there was a TON of fixes to the WebService stuff in Flex 3. It might be easier to do that then to try and chase this problem. I have sent date parameters around in Flex 3 with no issue.

-d

4 REPLIES 4

former_member10945
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't really suggest using Flex Builder 2 with SAP, there was a TON of fixes to the WebService stuff in Flex 3. It might be easier to do that then to try and chase this problem. I have sent date parameters around in Flex 3 with no issue.

-d

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the advice. Out of interest, am I right in saying that Flex 3 is only available in Beta? If so, how are you finding it? Any problems? Is it stable?

0 Kudos

Yes, Flex 3 is only in Beta but it is completely stable. I use the standalone version for all my development and I have never had an issue with it. The WebService support in particular is much improved in the SDK which is why I suggest using it.

There are still some bugs in the code generation for SAP WebServices but, I have a few bugs logged with them to help work on it. If you just use the standard objects like you did in FB2 you should be fine.

-d

0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only emphasize Dan's advices. Flex Builder 3 seems to be very stable. I would like it if other "finally released" software would be as stable as that beta of FB3.

Besides the better support for web services I don't want to miss other new features like the AdvancedDataGrid.

Ok, guess I've to stop the advertising now ...

Herwig