cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for asset creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know the name of the BAPI for creating assets in the backend ?

Extended classic scenario

SRM version 5.0

ECC 6.0

Thanks

-Bakulesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Standard SRM system uses RFC call to ECC or R/3 backend and uses the <b>BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1</b> function module to create Assets in the ECC / Back-end system.</u>

<u>However, you can also use BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE / BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 function module as well for your custom development..</u>

<b>Hope this answers your query. Do let me know.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul for your quick response.

Another qs., do u, by any chance, happen to know a BADi I can use to populate SRM data during asset master creation in R/3. (For e.g, cost center, business area, etc.).

Thanks

I've awarded points for helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>This is quite complex scenario... We involved couple of BADIs and function modules to make this happen...</b>

<b>The BADIs ,which we have used were</b>

<u>BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI

BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE</u>

<u>Depending on your backend version, you need to call the function module</u>

<b>- B31I_CREATE_ASSET

- B46_CREATE_ASSET </b>

<u>and create the respective asset in the R/3 back-end.</u>

<b>Long back, We have managed to create our own bespoke function modules to pass the data to create Asset in the Back-end.</b>

<u>

Some related links -></u>

What's you exact details ? Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul:

Thanx for the info.

Our requirements are that when a user enters accounting info (cost center, bus. area, Fund, Fund center, functional area) on the PO line item and clicks on the "Create Asset master" button, the system should create an asset in the backend (R/3 - ECC 6.0) system and be populated with all that info he/she entered on the PO line item.

So, I was looking for BADi(s) which can be used for our purpose.

-Bakulesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as BAPI are concerned :

You can use 2 Bapi depends on the context :

- New assets creation : <b>BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE</b> ( AS01 )

- Asset Transfer to SAP : Old asset creation : <b>BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE</b> ( AS91 )

Hope this helps,

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BAPIs mentioned are in R/3.

Which function module in SRM does it use to call the BAPI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erwan,

I've never used a BAPI as of yet...but understand I need to use one for our Fixed Assets conversion process (AS91). My question to you is, how would I layout the Excel file for input into the LSMW? In other words, how do I structure the file that the BAPI needs in order to create all the areas of depreciation?

Answers (0)