Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Item in Syndicator: count of record exported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new in MDM and I have many doubt.

One is about the possibility of add a custom item in syndicator contaning the number of the record exported.

It's possible?

Any suggestion?

thanks in advantage.

Enzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

Custom items are used in syndicator client to add extra fields in the source side when you need to map the source items to the destination items.

Generally when creating destination items in syndicator we can add the fields we want to map them against the exsisting source fields but however if you come across a situation where you have more fields in destination side and less fields in your side you can add fields in your source using custom items.

Do to this you need to select the custom item tab in synicator and give your field name.

Regards

Simona

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

Custom Item in MDM Syndicator are used for the follwing reasons:

1.To include Source fields from the current table.

2. To include Source attributes from the connected repository.

3.To include Remote keys from the current table and its subtables.

4. To include Raw text entered directly into the custom item.

5.To include Repository name from which the syndicated data originated.

6.To include Date and time of the syndication.

For more information u can visit the link:

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/ff/37e4c6857449388ddb6c77f160ac4f/frameset.htm</b>

What i understood from ur question is that u want to add a custom field containing the number of records to be syndicated?

U can control the number for record u want to syndicate by applying the appropriate search criteria.

If u have any more queries feel free to revert back.

Hope i've tried to answer ur question.

Regards,

Seema Rane.

PS: Pls give points to helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Seema,

Your question is correct. I want add a custom field contaning the numeber of record to be syndicated.

I know that I can apply some search creteria (and I see that in the syndicator client there is the count of record) by I can apply any formula for create a field with this count?

When you tell me about "2. To include Source attributes from the connected repository."

At what kind of attribibutes you refers?

In the context menu i have only Field and Others, I can't choose Attribute or Remote keys?!

Thanks

Enzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you more specific about your question, can you make it more clear.

Thanks,

kris