Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement which is as follows:

Product A and B belong to Group 1

Product C belongs to Group 2

I have 3 planned orders(each order for 3 pieces) for A on day 1 , C on day 3 and B on day 5 of the week.

The desired output for the week is the order :

Planned order A , planned orderd B and Then planned order for C. The system should realize that A and B are from the same group and hence they should be produced together(it should still be 2 different orders).

Also, the orders A and B should be a full run( if 3 pieces of A takes 6 hours, it should take a full shift of 8 hrs and produce what it can).

How can this be done in PPDS? I have been looking into Set up time optimization in PPDS but it looks like that A and B being together is not a hard constraint as my requirement does not fit into any of the existing objective fucntions like minimze set up time or costs..

Appreciate all your help!

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PP/DS optimizer will not help in solving this scenario.

try using the "schedule sequence" function.

With this, you can specify the sequence criteria either based on material group or by planner or by setup group.

I am sure, this will help you.

Please let me know

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath -

Is it the heuristic <b>Schedule Sequence SAP001</b> ?

So should this work once I do the following?

1) have all the basic PPDS master data along with the material group field on the product master

2) convert SNP planned orders into PPDS orders

3) Run this Schedule sequence heuristic

I would think the system will "group" the orders based on material group, but how will it know which group to schedule first? Where do I give this as an input?

Please let me know.Thanks for all your help.

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

you are right.

You can use the heuristic "schedule sequence SAP001"

In the heuristic setting, go to tab "scheduling sequence". Here,you can input the parameters on which you want to sequence the orders.

Hope this helps

Ram