cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 SDK License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have both the Solution consultant certification and the developer certification for SAP B1.

I would like to obtain a perpetual license for the SDK. So I can become an independent developer for B1. How would I go about doing this and what kind of cost would I be looking at?

Regards

Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

You should be able to arrange for a full SDK developer's license through your regional SAP office. Pricing may vary from region to region (I think it's a few thousand NZ$ in my country). You can purchase a development license without needing to be a full SAP partner. However, I'm not sure what SAP licensing you would get if you just had a development license (as obviously you would need access to a licensed SBO system in order to develop and test your applications).

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Owen,

I was under the assumption that the developer licence would also enable me to run a SBO server, is that not the case?

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I'm not sure as I work for a SAP Partner so I have licenses as part of this agreement. You'd need to check with SAP. If a SBO license isn't included then you could purchase a single user license. Alternatively, you could run SBO as a 30-Day evaluation but that's going to be a pain to reinstall every month

Kind Regards,

Owen

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

There are also packages like "Demo License" if I remember right; that should include the required licenses that you need to have to have a permanent test system.

However, you will need to have either a partner contract (not realistic in your case) - or you will have to build "some" relation to an existing B1 partner (ISV or VAR) - and have an agreement with them that you can order licenses via them etc.

Anyway, I recommend that you talk to the local SAP organization to find out how that could work in detail...

HTH,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a bit lost with all this.

I'm used to use a ConnectionString that comes from the CommandLine

and I never used any Identifier before.

Now Do I have to care about this ?

Sap notes #871572

Until 15th 2008, there will have a compatibility lisence but after that I have to use something like the AddonIdentifier

and I really don't know what all this implied for me and the add-on I deployed everywhere

I mean, If the client have SAP addons : 99998

What should I care ?

I don't understand. I'm very lost

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

While the note needs to get corrected to reflect the latest changes (from September) I would recommend that you have a look (or two ) at E-learning material here on SDN - or (even better) on SAP Service Marketplace:

Add-On Licensing – Update and Overview

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000989452007E.wrf

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000989462007E.pdf

HTH,

Frank