Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM to XI Connection

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to send some BP updated details to Oracle from CRM.

It is a new implimentation, So please suggest.

Please suggest me what adapter to use for sending data from CRM to XI.

What is XIF Adapter?

Which Adapter is better to use (Idoc,XIF).

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XIF is no adapter,

to send data from CRM you can either use Proxy or IDOC's

Proxy gives better performance compared to IDOC's but they requires some extra ABAP coding.

Thanx

Aamir

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for the Fast Response.

How can u get information that particular BP has been updated?

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to activate change pointers for your IDOC in CRM and then schedule report RBDMIDOC

,once change pointers are activated for your IDOC and report scheduled an IDOC will be created as soon as any changes are made to the underlying table.

i m not sure which IDOC you are using,just activate the change pointers for that IDOC and an IDOC will be triggered

Thanx

Aamir

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks a lot,

So when we activate change pointers to Idoc, We will get idoc's,

then we can send the idoc to XI.

Can we use a Proxy here?

Thanks in Adavance,

Sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not that an IDOC is created when you activate change pointer,basically an IDOC will be created as soon as any changes are made to the underlyin table(s).

and your requirement is exactly the same,you just need to figure out which IDOC you want to use,then activate the change pointers for that IDOC and schedule the report i said in earlier reply,once all this has been IDOC's will be distributed (to XI) as soon as any change has been made.

secondly proxy is a different concept,we use proxy if there is no standard IDOC or RFC or if performance is a big constraint.in proxy you need to schedule ABAP report which will send the updated data

you have to use either IDOC or Proxy depending upon your requirement.

my suggestion would be to use IDOC if the data load is not too much and you already have an existing IDOC to serve your purpose,if you don't have an IDOC or performance is a huge issue then write a ABAP proxy and send data.

Thanx

Aamir

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks a lot.

Points rewarded.

Thanks

Sriram.

Answers (0)