cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test callable object - Input Parameters question

Former Member
0 Kudos

ver: CE 7.1 SP3

I am consuming a VC model as WD4VC object in GP. The model has a few input and output parameters. Once the callable object has been created, I go to the Test tab to check if it is working fine or not.

On the main test screen, there is the option to specify Input Parameters. Right underneath that, there is a table with header Edit/View Attribute Values. This table has buttons like Create, Add Row, Choose Business Object, and Remove.

When I try to test the object, only Create button is enabled. Add Row and others are disabled. Can anyone suggest what causes Add Row to disable?

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Shehryar Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

once again hi,

did you also check the availability of your data service and its parameters within the VC-modeled WD?

(a) is the data service available in VC?

(b) did you define the WSDL for the data service?

(c) have you mapped the data service parameter correctly in your model (refering to my first reply?).

Best regards

Berndt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sheryar,

please be aware of general issues using WD4VC:

1. When ever you change anything in your VC-modeled WD, take care of

(a) deploying it again

(b) change your CO WD4VC in GP Design-time while selecting your newly deployed VC-modeled WD again to assign it to your CO. Otherwise the changes in your model can't be recognized in your GP.

(c) Also take care that your (in)parameter of your starting point in your VC modeled WD are mapped to your model, as well as your (output) parameter are firstly defined and also mapped to the ending point.

Although these are very obvious points, sometimes it happens however, to check them after having changed something in the model.

Let me know, if this helps you to proceed.

Kind regards

Berndt

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shehryar,

Make sure that your VC model has a start point. Without this you cannot transfer data from GP into the VC UI.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. The model does have a start point. Here is the model I am working with:

start --> input form (f1, f2, f3) ----------------> end (f1, f2, f3, f4, f5)
|                                         |            
|                                         |           
|--------> data service (f4, f5) --------->

I am following the exercise of TechED session CE151. I have been unable to successfully test the ProgramLead VC model in GP.

Regards.