cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping in BI Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we know there are the following options in Grouping while installing a Business Content --

1) Only necessary Objects

2) In Data Flow Before

3) In Data Flow Afterwards

4) In Data Flow Before and Afterwards

Can anyone Please give me a Very Clear idea (possibly with good examples) about all the above options. I mean when and why should you select each of them ??

I will certainly assign points as a way to Thank you.

Regards,

Akash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

1) Only necessary Objects

As implied, it collects only the necessary objects for transporting. Eg: If you added 5 new IObjs to an existing ODS, this option will collect only the 5 new info objects (not others). Similarly, whatever is necessary to move the object in question without bothering about the dataflow.

2) In Data Flow Before

All the meta objects necessary to get the data to the selected meta objects are grouped together. Eg: for an ods, it groups its URs, comm structure, TRs, Tran structures and all the necessary meta objects to load the ods.

3) In Data Flow Afterwards

All the meta objects that are getting/reading data from the selected meta objects are selected. Eg: the queries and web templates on a selected ods/cube.

4) In Data Flow Before and Afterwards

Combine 2 and 3 for understanding the objects collected by this selection.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subray,

Thanks for your input. I got clear idea except the first one.

Please explani it a bit further.

As you mentioned : " If you added 5 new IObjs to an existing ODS, this option will collect only the 5 new info objects (not others). "

What about if I did not add any InfoObjects in the Business Content ODS or InfoCube ??

Viz, this is just first time I'm installing/activating the business content ODS/InfoCube in BW.

So in the above case can I select 'Only Necessary Objects' option or I should not use this option in the first time.

Please clear my concept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

It is not like that... Let me make u clear..

Suppose u r installing a cube or ods... and with the grouping only necessary objects..... then it will collect wht are the objects required to create a cube for example info area, info objects all will be collected

Assign points if it helps

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Look at it this way. If you collect an infocube to be installed from business content with "Only necessary objects". It will collect only the objects which the infocube needs in order to exists, namely characteristics and key figures. On the other hand if you choose "in dataflow before" the system will collect all the objects delivered by SAP in the data flow before th infocube (like update rules / transfer rules). If you collect in data flow after it will get the queries/workbooks etc.

So for example if you collect 0FIGL_C01 with only necessary objects the system will collect the characteristics/kfs used by the cube, the infoarea and the application component only. Hope this makes it more clear.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

got your point.

So does that mean in this case -

I cannot load any data from the corresponding R/3 extractor into this ods/cube straightway ??

whereas if I would have selected in 'Data Flow Before' then

I could actually load the data from the corresponding R/3 into this ods/cube straightway...

Am I right ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Yes u are right, But before loading u have to the migration steps for the Data sources in the R3 side and u have to replicate the ds into bw..

U cannot load the data straightway to this cube... with only necessary objects

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks.

Please explain a bit further the following:

"If you collect in data flow after it will get the queries/workbooks etc."

Does that mean it will install all the queries/workbooks that have been developed using that particular ods/cube OR the queries/workbooks that use that particular ods/cube as InfoProvider ??

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>"If you collect in data flow after it will get the queries/workbooks etc."</i>

Yes it will install all bussiness content front end objects associated with the infoprovider.

If its an ODS - it will install the Cube, Mutliprovider if exist any along with the Queries, Workbooks....

If its a Cube - it will install Queries, Workbooks....and MP if exists any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the dataflow for say ODS in metadata reposoitory and see what lies before and after.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

if you select as In Data Flow Before, for installing any DSO, the flow will be before DSO means,in that you get UR,Info Source, Comm.Structure, Transfer Structure and Info objects.

You have to select the required objects for installing.

But one thing in BI7 is that there is no standard DSO transformationsand DTP's are not available, so you can't install directly in BI7.You have to create Customised objects.

Upto DS it is possible, and the DS also has to be Migrate after replicating in to BI, if you replicated the DS in 3.x DS.

Necessary objects will be selected when the required objects is needed to complete the flow in DSO structure.

Hope this helps you........

if you ahve still any doubts , let me know.

Reg

Pra

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Does that mean it will install all the queries/workbooks that have been developed using that particular ods/cube OR the queries/workbooks that use that particular ods/cube as InfoProvider ??</i>

Yes thats correct. System will collect all the queries/workbooks delivered for that infoprovider for install.

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parakash,

Thanks for your advanced input.

I got the idea but not very clear yet. Is there any other way you can make it clear to me ??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akash,

Grouping Conditions in BI Content will be having four options which have been clearly explained below:

Only Necessaary Objects - Will collect only the necessary objects

Dataflow Before - Will collect only the objects which have been created before creating the selected object.

Dataflow Afterwards - Will collect only the objects which have been created after creating the selected object

Dataflow Befor & Afterwards - Will Collect all the objects which relates to the selected infoobject.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Gattu

Answers (0)