cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing Developer Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install Netweaver Developer Workplace and get an error at the 39th step as:

ERROR 2007-11-02 10:06:45

CJS-30151 Java process server0 of instance J07/JC00 [Java: (dispatcher: RUNNING, server0: UNKNOWN)] did not start after 4:00 minutes. Giving up.

ERROR 2007-11-02 10:06:45

FCO-00011 The step startJava with step key |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_Call_Offline_CTC|ind|ind|ind|ind|7|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR .

I wonder for the cause for this.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A lot of times this error is really about memory issues. One work around, is to start the server manually then press the retry button on sapinst. If you already killed sapinst, you will have to restart and then choose continue on the existing install.

If you are unable to get the server to start manually, use SAPmc and look at the developer trace, if it is a memory issue, you will need to use the config tool to modify the vm parameters for your server. The default parameters are often too high, especially for laptops with 2 gig or less. Change the heap and max heap to 512, permSize 64, maxPerm 128, new and max new 15, xms 50.

For java, all the memory must run in RAM and cannot be paged do not exceed your physical memory.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erin,

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion...stried to start the server using SAP mmc but I got an error...exit code=-2 in the Developer Trace saying

"Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

Please help.

Thanks