cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource in piling up orders in APO PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having one issue with PP/DS labor time. In R/3, one workcenter has been defined with number of individual capacity as 11 since it is pool of labors. In APO this resource is created as multi activity resource with capacity 11. But now on the DS planning board all the orders are stacked up at the same time on this resource. It is extending time on each order but loading them on the resource at the same time. Is there a way I can make the resource only complete one order 100% before proceeding to the next one ? I need the resource to complete one order at shortest duration before starting the next one instead of piling up orders at the same time and extending the end date. Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the 11 people working on the work center are working on only one order or different orders ?

If all the 11 people are working on only one order, then you need not maintain the no. of capacity as 11. Just maintain it as 1. With this, the you will see only one order at a time and not pile up of orders.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The issue is PP/DS is stretching all the orders for multi resources. So an order which should take only couple of days to complete, PP/DS is showing almost 5-6 weeks. Could there be any reason or any config settings we need to do in order to shrink the order timeline ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the working time available each day.

There is no reason why the system should stretch the time unless there is non working time or down time defined.

Please check the resource master data

Regards,

Ram