Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a problem with the 'default' product category function:

If I DO NOT set the indicator for making a product category as default, SRM takes the last one from the list in extended attributes?

I would like the field 'product category' in the shopping cart to be blank?

Can anyone help me?

BR. Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We resolved this issue, by creating a dummy product category directly in SRM, via COMM_HIERARCHY transaction, assigned to the SRM 'R3MATCLASS'. We created a new entry such as *Please select a product category from list*. This single SRM category was then added into the extended attributes tab at the root node of the org structure, and flagged this as the default category. This then defaults in for every user and also gives the user a prompt to choose a valid product category.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

As per your suggestion I done the below steps to set up some deafult value for Product Category:

Plesae note that I have created one dummy product category - Test under R3MATCLASS using TC - COMM_HIERARCHY and set in the extended attribute of the root organization level.

Also done the validation in BBP_DOC_CHECK _BADI.

In SRM portal it is reflecting the text as *Please select a product category from list* in Category field as I set in SRM server.

But when I try to select "Add To Shopping Cart" Button it displays the following error messages that -

1) Enter A comapny Code

2) Enter a unit of measure

3) Plant for follow-on document missing

4) System FCSCLNT110 of purch. organization M&S Purchasing Organisation differs from doc. reference FSSCLNT480

5) Error in account assignment for item 1

6) Error calling META BAPI META_CALCULATE_TAX

7) Not possible to calculate tax

😎 Error occurred calling META_BAPI_DISPATCH

9) The cost center has not been assigned in the account assignment

When I select the valid product category which is replicated to SRM from ECC , it does not display any error message.

I think the dummy product category - Test which I have created directly in SRM is creating the problem . and displays an error message-

System FCSCLNT110 of purch. organization M&S Purchasing Organisation differs from doc. reference FSSCLNT480

I have also check that when i click Add to Shopping Cart Button - The item_check Badi is also triggered . When I set up the break point there for debugging , itu2019s not triggeing and coming up with the above error messages.

Kindly advice and do the needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you populate the required entries in the below path?

TrX- SPRO - Technical Basic Settings->Define Backend system for product category

Populate the system wherein u have created the dummy product category.

TrX- SPRO - Cross-Application Basic Settings->Define Objects in backend system

Regards,

SAP PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<u>Which SRM version are you using ?</u>

<b>It's a standard SAP behaviour.</b>

<b>Product categories have to be available into SRM !! It is a mandatory master data.</b>

<u>You can use method ENRICH_ITEM_DATA in BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to do this.</u>

<u>To change data (product category...) from the catalog to the shopping cart, please use BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER badi.</u>

Or

<u>Implement the BADI "BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY".</u>

Or

<u>Implement combination of BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI as well as BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.</u>

<u>See the following useful pointers for detailed help and source code:-</u>

<b>You can use the field CATEGORY_ID in the structure BBP_OCI_ENRITEM for the Product Category.</b>

<u>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul