cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error occured while connecting to the FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am with ABAP Proxy to file scenario. recieverside file should be csv file.

i am using Dynamic configuration for receiver file adapter configuration with FTP server.

i created number range object that is used in the abap proxy program.

in the program i have given filename like INVH. this name should be come in FTP server with number range. number range limit has given 8 digits. but the FTP server not accepting above 8 characters and displaying the following message while monitoring CC channel .

Is there any possibility to change character limitation in FTP server.Plz give me response asap.

"An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'a620:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 File name too long; limit is 8 characters: INVH00000050'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the message from ur FTP server. Is that server configured for not accepting filename above 8 chars?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pratheek,

Thanks for ur immidiate reply

>>This is the message from ur FTP server. Is that server configured for not accepting filename above 8 chars?

Is there any possibility to change character limitation in FTP server.

plz give me on this particular issue.

thanks and regards

sai

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, that would depend upon the FTP server u r using. Btw which FTP server are u using?

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)