cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add folder to a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a folder which contents several iViews. I want to add this folder to a role...how do I do that? Right clicking on the folder to add to the role doesn't work.

Kr,

hilde

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hlide,

I found it.

you can do that VERY EASILY.

GO To SysAdm-> Support->Portal Content Directory ->PCD Inspector

Here you can get a list of all PCD objects.

Now select the Folder you want to copy. Check the left side box.

At top there is icon for Copy or Move. Click that.

Open your role on right side. Say copy with Dependancies.

thats it.

Done.

regards

-Keadr Kulkarni

reward point if solves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish it worked, but it didn't. Can't belive it should be so hard.

I also struggle with removing Portal Favorites from left side menufield. I have defined my new left side menu by copying and modifying the Default Framework page, but still the sneaky portal favorites show up in left menu before my new menu is displayed on the same screen. it's really annoying. I guess I'm asking questions and solutions sap portal cant provide.

Hilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you have a folder in content directory (which has many iview) and you want to add this to a Role.

Well I don't think this is possible. The folder created in Role Editor are not PCD objects and hence don't have many property like permission, delta link etc.

Solution: Download the Role using XML tool (System Admin -> XML Conetnt & Context -> Export) and download the file in create and modify mode). Now manipulate the XML file using some programing language and Import this XML file.

Cheers,

Anup Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hilde,

You cannot add a folder like that to a role.

Create a new iview/page and put all those iviews inside it.

Then assign this page/iview to the role.

For more info check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fb/eacf3d5090b80de10000000a114084/frameset.htm">this.</a>

Regards,

Ankit

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you can add a folder to a role, because I have seen it. That's why I ask how to. Anyone who knows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you open your role and select on the role itself (or any part of it) you can click the <b>new folder</b> button and do what you like.

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

This way you can add only new folder to the role, not an already existing folder.

Also in any case after creating the new folder, you will have to add the iviews to this folder again.

Regards,

Ankit