cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Consolidation without the SAP MDM Import Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to import data from a R/3 system via the XI directly into the MDM Repository, without using the Import Manager? So to do the mapping via XI. An if so, how can I use this feature?

(Using newest MDM5.5 SP02)

Thank you for help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

P.S.

In the GDS Scenario SAP uses solution 2. Since the repository schema and the message structure is known beforehand, SAP can deliver all the required coding / XI proxies. Maybe it is worth to have a look at the GDS guides available at service.sap.com/instguides

Andreas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the answers. I do agree with your answers and made my own opinion before similar to yours.

The reason is not that I want to avoid the Import Manager. The reason is that we want to use XI to connect up to 7 R/3 Systems and about 200 Flat files. So everthing should go through XI in the future for central monitoring reasons and to manage better the processes/pipline.

So for now I probably choose the first option and use XI mapping but still use the import manager for the mapping to the repository.

@ Andreas The second option is interesting. What i was asking myself is: Are SAP Developers already on this functionality? Is it going to be part of SP03?

Is there going to be a solution which does the XI <-> repository mapping on it's own?

Thanks for the quick help

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

since MDM should remain as flexible as possible, SAP does not ship e.g. XI proxies that do the import. The coding would rely on the repository schema....

There will be other enhancements to further automate the import process. I can not tell for sure when these functionalities will be released, since this depends on a lot of influencing factors. So please stay tuned ...

Kind regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas can you provide the application logic required for connecting XI with MDM GDS (it does not have import manager and syndicator) asynchronously to and fro.what are the parameters required for connecting to MDM GDS that has to be used in the java proxy code.or any inputs that will help us in configuring the scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently it is not possible since ImportManager is the sole application which knows how to fully interact with MDM Server.

You can do some structural mapping on XI but this is only part of the story, value mapping which is destination dependent and the actual import which write data to the database and memory almost simultaneously can be done by ImportManager, or with a some Java based API application which imitate some of ImportManger functionality.

Why to avoid ImportManager ?

Regards,

Ronen

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

up to now you have two possibilities:

1. Use Import Manager

(You can do your mapping in XI, but need to use Import Manager to actually import the data into the repository.)

2. Use the XI Java Proxy Runtime and write your own custom XI Proxy, that get's the XI message and writes the data into the repository.

Regards

Andreas