cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Sender SAP JMS Provide large message problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have configured a JMS sender channel to pick up messages from a queue hosted by our SAP JMS provider. Unfortunately a message of about 6 MB size isn't picked up. Smaller messages are picked up.

Has anybody experienced a problem like this before?

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Unfortunately a message of about 6 MB size isn't picked up. Smaller messages are picked up.

Chunk the messages and send it. In Sender system try to chunk the messages and in Adapter select EOIO to acheive it

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I guess you are using XML messages:

We had some problems with large XML messages (e.g more the 10MB),

This is usally cause by memory problems.

There are some work-around, like increasing the memory usage of the application server.

The first thing you do is try to understand where the message stacked (in the ABAP/J2EE).

If this is a memory problem, changing the memory configuration can improve this,

but be aware that there are hardware limitation (32bit application server can use with one process only 2GB), therefore messages over 100MB probably will not pass trough XI.

If you have huge files (e.g more than 100MB)

You must develop a program that would split the large message into several small messages. the program can not be written in the XI, and should be written before the adapter. (you might install and use in this case the conversion agent)

If you are using a message with csv format (not XML),

than it is possible to configure the adapter to split every X lines

(no program need to be written)

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shani ,

can you please let me know .

If you see any issues with JMS XI Adapter handling more than 10 MB messages in

Production systems

and please also tell me whats the maxmium size of message we can process in JMS adapter

waiting for your response

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Shivhare on Dec 7, 2009 3:42 PM