cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a line to an approved PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings again SRM gurus,

We are running Extended Classic SRM5.0 and I have a problem with data transfer to the backend.

We have a scenario whereby a shopping cart has been raised and successfully approved in SRM, giving the usual PO in the backend system - fine - no problem at all. Then the user in his infinite wisdom has returned to the PO and added a line into it. The updated PO goes for approval in the usual way and one would think that all is well and good.

The issue arises when the user is trying to confirm goods against the PO - it is only showing the original PO data (in this case 2 lines), not the additional line that was subsequently added to the PO. Also when checking in the backend ERP system the PO only shows the original two lines and not the additional 3rd line.

Am I missing something here - what is the reason for this?

Help !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there are many points here.

1) there is no link between the shopping cart and the Purchase order line which was added.

2) shopping cart knows only two initial lines which were added initially and when was approved , purchase order was created in backend for this two lines.

3) backend purchase order does not know the third added line , because the changes were not replicated there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - two different answers with what seems like two opinions.

Khan, are you saying that I should not be ableto add a line to an approved PO?

Rama, see below

1. I see the original PO as posted in the backend, a number of confirmations and invoices also have been entered, gut I would have expected to see an entry for the change to the PO as being posted too and there is nothing there for it. In SRM it is showing error in process.

2. The item is NOT showing in the backend - probably because of the EIP message.

3. as the PO is not showing them I'm guessing that we cannot receive them in the backend.

Thanks for the pertinent help / queries - any further ideas anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrin,

have you checked SRM monitors?

-> transaction RZ20 for purchase orders?

Might be a problem with your WF starting conditions for changed versions....

Have you checked your starting conditions for PO already?

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Its difficult say what exactly is the issue.Neverthless few observations from my side.

1. Check in Process P.O the status of the concerned purchase order and the follow on docs.

2. Check whether the line item is getting displayed in the back end P.O. Once the P.O gets approved then the changes made should reflect in the back end as well.

3. Check whether you could able to confirm the goods (G.R) in back end R/3.

4. If nothing else works then check for some SAP OSS notes which could resolve this issue.

Hope this helps in resolving your issue.

Do update us for further help. Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

system behaviour is correct.

It does not know the newly added line , and so the behaviour.