cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Adobe Flash Player 9 run slowly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am working since a long time on a big model. Now I am nearly complete but something is going wrong after deploying into the portal.

Compiling and deploying works fine. But when I start to run my application, the program is getting aborted with following error pop-up: "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?". After this error message, I have to click yes, since nothing responses anymore when I don't do so.

I am calling a huge number of Bapis in my model. When I delete one of the last called Bapi in the model sequence the above described problem doesn't occur anymore. But I need all Bapis in the model!

Do I have the chance to attach my model somewhere to give you the chance to have a look at it? Maybe it would be much easier then to solve the problem.

I am looking forward to here from you.

Thank you very much.

Aylin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel, hi Benni,

first of all thank you for your answers.

I have uploaded the exported model, which you can download following this link:

Maybe, to answer the question of Benni, some description of my model:

I am working with 3 layers, which are parts of a wizard.

In the first layer you can select between 3 entries in a drop-down-box and jump to the next layer with pushing the button "next". Depending on which entry you have choosen from the drop down box, you will be shown one of the 3 form views in the second layer (I worked here with a store element and visibility condition).

In the second layer now, you can choose several entries clicking the clickboxes. Clicking the button "next" you will jump to the next layer.

Here is a value help to search for customers (ERP-Customer Table). After you have choosen a customer, Project Number and Project Description for 2 projects will be entered.

After clicking the submit button the main process starts in the backend:

A cprojects template will be copied and changed regarding to the entered project data. This will be done for 2 projects in parallel. Next step ist to read out of a table the corresponding internal order from the first project and use it as input to create an Sales Order. In parallel also the Internal Order of the second project will be searched. After the Sales Order is created with the Internal Order of the first project, the second Internal Order will be used as input to change the existing Sales Order. Depending on if the "Data Conversion" component in the second layer is clicked, als an Purchase Order will be created (worked with a condition here).

The 2 form views are the output of the steps described (2 projects, Internal Orders and Purchase Order).

Since I have to create the project structure depending on which components have been checked in the second layer, I am working that way, that I am using a project structure where all components are in it. Depending on which components have been selected, I am deleting the ones, which have been not selected from the existing Project (I am doing this only for the first Project). Therefore I have to load the Project Definition of the Project (condition), I have to load the Project Phases which contain tasks to delete (i.e. when "Data Conversion" is not clicked, Project Phase 3 has to be loaded, since this component as a task under Project Phase 3. I worked also with conditions here). Then I have to delete the appropriate task (condition). Since the Bapis do not have a commit part in them, I have also to run commit Bapis to submit the changes into the backend (cProjects Commit Work).

To come back to Benni's question, if the last Bapis are working: Yes, they do. The same model worked on Thursday evening. And now, I always get the same error message. I do not really know, how to work with this timer. Can you give me advice?

I don't know, if you have access to our systems. But if you need test data to run the model, let me know.

Thank you very much.

Aylin.

<a href="https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=X5LDIBPJBA1KHA87IGX1UODP7P934R17SYAIQU2MVSKI6Q85TB">VC Model</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aylin,

you use quite a lot of bapis in that single iView, I have to agree! I cannot try this for you, so I suggest the following steps:

1. Try to find out if there is exactly one BAPI which is the troubelmaker.

2. Turn on the flash debugging console when deploying, maybe you can figure out, whether the application really loops or freezes somewhere (you can tell the currently proceeded BAPI from there)

3. Once you know which BAPI is slowing down your flash movie, go to its predecessing element (i.e. the form, table or bapi that initiates the bapi). From that element, draw a second transition line to the data store. So that a value "1" is written to the data store at the time the bapi is started. This value should enable a timer. The timer loops (as long as the value is >1 ) and regularly increases the field, which is shown to the user in an expression box. As soon as the bapi is done, disable the timer by setting the value to 0 again.

Thus, I hope the flash movie does not detect a slow film, doesn't bother the user and all bapis run to completion.

However, this seems to be a performance issue. I ran accross this problem only, when our system was really really slow. So you might want to take a look at backend processes, as well.

Good luck and best regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aylin,

as far as I know the Adobe flash player cycles when waiting for a response from the backend. Thus after some time it displays an error message, to avoid endless loops. However, this does not have to be an error. I.e. if your BAPI really needs that much time to complete, your vc-application is fine.

Maybe you can keep the flash movie occupied while the BAPI is running, so that it does not detect the long cycling time and does not display the message. For example by triggering another action that loops with the help of a timer, continuously refreshing a field ("Your action is performed....").

This is just a guess, I don't know if it works.

Let me know, if so.

Are you sure your last BAPI is working fine and terminates?

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aylin,

we have the same problem in one of our applications. I can forward a link to this thread to Benni our respsonsible colleague for this application maybe he can provide you with a solution.

You can also post a URL to a certain webspace, where you have uploaded your exported model. so that we can have a look on it. At the moment only moderators can upload attachments on SDN. If you have no available webspace then I can do it for your. Let me know if you need my help, I will contact you via email.

Best Regards,

Marcel