Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP sender - how to ensure EOIO for end to end processing

marcin_makowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In our scenario SOAP client -> XI -> ABAP proxy - the sender is interested in sending messages with QOS = EOIO.

In SAP-help I have found:

1) The SOAP message provided by the SOAP client must contain a unique GUID. This can be provided in a valid XI message header in the SOAP message header or specified in a corresponding query string in the URL......

2) The SOAP adapter generates a GUID. This becomes relevant if the SOAP client does not provide the GUID. In this case, you must set the Quality of Service in the sender SOAP adapter to <b>Exactly Once</b>. The GUID is generated and the adapter calls the XI service exactly once.....

Only the first option seems to be relevant for EOIO. I understand that to assure real EOIO from the beginning, the sender has to serialize messages and give them GUIDs - right? If so, here come my questions:

a) What should be the message header format and minimum of information included in header by sender, to ensure that XI will respect message GUID which was assigned by sender? Any example in XML format?

b) How can I generate WSDL in XI containing not only message structure but also SOAP header with correct format, at least containing GUID?

c) What checkboxes should be marked in sender SOAP adapter configuration to read and respect GUID from sender header?

Best regards,

Marcin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin !

Altought this PDF is not exactly what you are looking for, it contains some examples that could help you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7521a237-0701-0010-499b-b3285b78...

Regards,

Matias

marcin_makowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

I have seen this document before on SDN, and was considering it as helpful - unfortunately I did no save at this time and then could not find it any more.

However when I was opening the thread I was assuming that someone will have clear answers for me, as this scenario does not seem to be so uncommon.

Anyway thanks a lot for you interest and the link.

So far i will leave this questions open and any other help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

I have the same issue, can you please reply to my thread

[;

Please suggest how you resolved your problem.

Thanks in advance,

MK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> a) What should be the message header format and minimum of information included in header by sender, to ensure that XI will respect message GUID which was assigned by sender? Any example in XML format?

>

It is just the GUID that the caller has to supply. You need to append &MessageId=<GUID>

> b) How can I generate WSDL in XI containing not only message structure but also SOAP header with correct format, at least containing GUID?

>

You can not. It is SAP specific. The header data gets filled by the AE once it receives the service call from the sender.

> c) What checkboxes should be marked in sender SOAP adapter configuration to read and respect GUID from sender header?

>

Use Encoded HEaders and Use Query String.

VJ