cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter using NFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am using the NFS option in File adapter.The file is being placed in C:\TEMP folder and in the directory path i have specified
ipaddress\TEMP but when i watch it in Adapter Monitoring it shows me a error C:\TEMP does not exist.

Please suggest if any settings need to be done.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can go to transaction AL11 on XI server

create a directory in this transaction

specify that directory path in file adapter

no need to mention ipaddress

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marcin_makowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This NFS option requires you to put your file on the same file system (machine) where your XI is running. NFS option does not offer real NFS capabilities - it means you can not access Network File System (NFS) with
DIR\FILE.EXT path. Here is an extract from SAP help:

Specify the directory where the files to be processed are located.

You can either specify the entire path name or a name relative to the working directory of the Adapter Engine. <b>In all platforms (including Windows), use a forward slash (/) to separate directory names in accordance with Java specification</b>.

Hope this helps.

If we assume that your file is on the same machine as XI is, in Windows location c:\tmp then from File Adapter perspective the access path should be: /tmp

However if you need to access file stored somwhere in the network, just put it to FTP server and then you should use FTP mode of file adapter.

best regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

kindly check your input folder and output folder property

You should have given full read and write rights to both folder.

then it will pick up your file. Better option may be you can give your settings in communication channel to delete file

so after picking up file from your input folder it will delete from this folder and it will send it to output

By this way you can check whether file has been picked or whether you have problem in your adapter setting

Hope it may help you

Thanks

Sandeep

PS:reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to put the file on application server by TCode SXDA_TOOLS. I guess you are putting the file on your local machine.

First of all into XI goto AL11 and chose one source directory, and give this dierectory name in your CC as it is, no need to put ip address as you have done.

Just see the below example to put the file on application server (XI) directory.

The porcedure to put a file on server is as shown below:

1. Save your file in your local machine.

2. In XI server, enter the tranaction code "SXDA_TOOLS".

3. In the input screen, enter:

i) Object Type "DXPROJECT".

ii) Program Type "BAPI".

iii) Program "CREATE".

4. Press Copy (Ctrl+F5) button.

5. Now, you will get another screen in which you will see 3 blocks called as "Source", "Target" and "Copy with/without conversion".

6. In Source block, choose the radio button "Presentation Server" and then take F4 help to select your source file. (file which you have saved on your local machine)

7. In Target block select the radio button "Application Server", check the box "Remote server" and take F4 help to select your application server.

8. In the same block under "File Type" select "P physical file name" and under "File Name" write the path/directory name which you have mentioned in your communication channel along with the file name.

<b>Example:</b> suppose file name in your Comm Chanel is "demo.xml" and directory path is "/abc/testfiles/XML/", then in step 8 write "/abc/testfiles/XML/demo.xml".

<b>Note:</b> need not to do any thing in 3rd block.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarveesh

But my source and destination folders are on the same machine.IS is that with NFS it cannot pick from C:TEMP or any folder for that matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

It doesn't matter if your source & target dir are same. But the thing is that you have to put the file on applicaton Server (XI) not on local machine. Just see my above response.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the immediate response.

Regards

Amit