cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of SLD-Systems from QA to PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because we want to transport everything from QA-XI to PRD-XI we have to transport SLD-Systems as well. Therefore i tried to give some groups to the systems like QA and PRD group. I want to add the previously applied systems to these groups under Business-System-Integration, but it is not possible to use the combo-box for Group.

How could i maintain the systems to there groups?! After this i would like to configure the transport!

br Carsten

P.S. we have PI 7.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We define the all the systems, groups and transport paths in development then use the SLD to replicate to other SLDs...

We do this so there is then no changes in QA and Prod in the SLD.

It reduces the maintenance overheads and keeps all the systems in line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, sounds good but we have no CMS or sth to do this with both SLDs.

So how do u do this?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use the FTP method for doing this.

Once everything (paths/systems) are set up in Dev, go into SLD > Admin > Data Supplier > and enter the QA and Prod SLDs to distribute the data to...

Once this data has been replicated, you should be able to FTP without problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, that's the way i want it to. Nevertheless because of Transport-issue i wnat to add/use groups which i did once before. But now i am not able to add a group to Business Systems. Groups are declared but useless because i can't choose them in business systems!

Just to make it clear: i am in SLD->Business System->Flag Integration->Group

here is the combobox where i thought to add a group to Business System - but it's not working!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

somebody may help?!

br

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The transportation groups are based on the integration server that you select for the busyness systems. Create the groups in your DEV SLD and assign the integration servers of XI DEV QA and PRD to these groups. Then create the bus sys in DEV it self which are required in your QA and PRD. then export the entire SLD to QA and then to PRD. Do not forget to select the appropriate integration servers for the bus sys in DEV QA and PRD accordingly, so that they are assigned to the proper groups.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ - that's what i needed. Thx a lot!

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats cool. I am going to submit a blog on this. I could not find any information on this topic on the forums.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there are some blogs which i found recently:

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation">XI Software Logistics 1 Transport Business Systems</a>

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview">XI Software Logistics 2 Overview</a>

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms">XI Software Logistics Solution 3 CMS</a>

Perhaps make a new one or refer to these!

br

Answers (0)