cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source lists for SRM contract (GOA) line items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are running SRM 5.0 and we use Global Outline Agreements (GOA's) for creating contracts which are then replicated to R/3. I have 2 questions:

1) How do we create contracts in SRM (GOA's) which are plant specific? In other words, each line item on the contract should be assigned to a number of different plants?

2) And how do we replicate this to R/3?

In R/3 you can assign a line item on a contract to many plants by using the Maintain Source List functionality on the Item Menu option within a contract. Do we have this functionality in SRM? I tried to use the Distribute functionality at line item level but SRM will only create the first plant in R/3 - it does not create a source list.

Please help on this urgent matter.

Regards

Pedzi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedzi,

In reference to your query about GOA, you can create either a contract or Scheduling agreement in the backend but not both.

By using the BADI you can define which document to be created in the backend R/3.

BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE BADI can be used in SRM and BBP_CTR BADI can be used in backe end R/3 for this purpose.

Also refer the below SDN threads in this regard :

Any further clarifications are welcome.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teja for the response. Part of my question remain unanswered though - How do you create plant specific contracts in SRM? In other words, I want to assign different plants to a line item on a contract. In R/3 you achieve this through the use of Maintan Source List functionality, which is found under menu option Item if you display a contract in ME33k.

Regards

Pedzi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedzi,

In SRM you can create a local contract and a global outline agreement.

The local contract can only be used in SRM and can not be distributed to back end R/3 where as Global Outline Agreement (GOA) can be distributed as either a contract or a scheduling agreement in the back end. Using GOA you can not create P.Os or further contracts in SRM.

Regarding your query pertaining to plant specific contracts, there is nothing like source lists in SRM.In SRM plant has not much relevance except for ordering as direct material.Here everything is controlled by attributes.

However you can make the Purchasing Groups responsible for specific plants.

The responsible plant and storage locations can be maintained in the Extended attributes of the P.Group.The contracts can be created using those P.Grps.

In that way whatever contract is created using that P.Group will only be responsible for that plant.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Teja for the help.