cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Portal Cretification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently started working on NetWeaver portal. I am planning to go through the certification material and for exam after some time.

Can some one please tell

1). where can I certification material on portal.

2). Where can I get certification information like fee, eligibility criteria, test centers etc.

3). How much does it take to prepare for certification?

4). Does this certification needs j2ee background as prerequisite?

Thanks in advance

-Lave Kulshreshtha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

U can check the course for C_JAVA_70 at below mentioned link:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/certificationtest.epx?context=FFC760B8923D16BB51...

and the list of certifications available with SAP in this link:

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700002412512003

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I appreciate your help.

Where did you got these books JA100,JA300,JA310,JA331,JA320 and JA340. How much is fee you had to pay for this certification?

Along with Java/J2EE I also work for E-Portal. I am already certified with SCJP and SCWCD, So I do not how would it help me If I go for C_JAVA_70.

On Portal I have started working on Roles, iViews, portal runtime, par projects etc..Are also working on these things.

By the way if in case you have some thing very useful and if u can share, please send it on <REMOVED BY MODERATOR> and <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>.

I have also downloaded some good J2EE documents from sdn..if u need them I can share.

-Lave

Message was edited by:

Lave Kulshreshtha

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

Thx for the appreciation.I got these books during training which was held in my company.Only people who undergo SAP training get these books from company else u have to buy it from elearning course material(at sap marketplace).This year through company sponsership we had to pay Rs 12000/- for the certification.

N ya regarding certification,I am also SCJP certified and have worked in Enterprise Portal but now shifted to MI.I have worked on KM and J2ee perspective.As u know in EP most of the work is done in J2ee perspective so getting this certification proves u have knowledge of J2ee as well as webdynpro.But since there was no separate EP certification this year in Teched dats y m going for this.

I understand that u r more interested in EP certi dats y i send you the link containing all the certification provided by SAP so u can chose the best among them.

N ya i wud like to share material on j2ee.My id is <REMOVED BY MODERATOR> and <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Any idea when would be registration open for next exam?

-Lave

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

Sorry but i dnt know much bout dat.M givin it thru teched which happens once in a yr but u shud consult ur company bcoz if ur company is SAP Partner n u r allowed to attend SapLabs training u can get certification after completing ur training.Else if ur prj requires certified ppl then ur company will let u certified.So better consult ur RM in this regard or check SAP site.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Have you worked on DSR in portal? I am looking for some help in that, I hd posted same to forum too but did not get any reply.

Thanks,

Lave

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

Sorry but i have not worked on DSR.Can u tell me exactly wat is ur requirement or send me ur qeus thread as a link so dat i can ask ne of my frdz who might have worked on it.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

DSR stands for Dynamic System Resolution. This feature is provided by SAP. This feature determines the back end system on run time when user logs in.

This is coded in java and loaded into portal as a par file.

I already have code for this in place. In DSR code I make a JCO connection to connect to backend and to make a JCO connection I have hardcoded the user id and password.

Now what I want to do is I do not want to hard code the user id and password in code, instead I want use an RFC destination in order to make a connection. When I try use this RFC destination I get a DestinationException and I do not know how exactly it can be corrected. Do you have any idea how to use an RFC destination in stand alone java program?

By the way did u received my test emails?

For you reference I have already posted threads in sdn, so can see them if you need more details.

-Lave

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

I had asked my frdz bout DSR.I will reply back to u if i get smthing.I m ryt now busy wid prep as i m goin to appear for sap certi on this 14th.

Regards

Priya

Message was edited by:

priyanka singh

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

Will get back to u after 14th regarding J2ee n DSR related help.

Regards

Priya

Message was edited by:

priyanka singh

Message was edited by:

priyanka singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I wish you best of luck for exams.

-Lave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cretification? If that pun was intentional, then bravo! If not, well, you said it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

How was your exam?

Did you talk to any one regarding DSR.

-Lave

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

Ya i cleared my certification.Sorry i cudnt find much about DSR.Will ask my frdz again.will let u know if i get something.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have my email id's I guess. Just inform me when ever you get some information.

Also I would appreciate if you can pass me some soft copies certification related material.

I have sent test emails to your id.

-Lave

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check on forums regarding certifcations and site like sapprofessionals.com and braincert.com for question pattern.But these wont be of much help.

Regards

Priyanka

Message was edited by:

priyanka singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I have found list of some books on sap press site. Do you have any idea which is book are really good.

1). SAP NetWeaver Portal

2). SAP Enterprise Portal Technology and Programming

3). Mastering SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 Application Development

4). Universal Worklist with SAP NetWeaver Portal

5). Succeeding with your SAP NetWeaver Portal Project — Best Practices for Design, Composition, and Operation

Thanks,

Lave Kulshreshtha

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

I have not studied any of these books, I m totally going for certifcation based on my experience in SAP.But i think book on SAP Netweaver Portal and Mastering SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 will be helpful.This yr in teched they dnt have EP certification but for EP certification they mostly cover WebAS part and HTMLB+JSP,User Management API,connectors and webservice plus bit of webdynpro stuff.

Regards

Priya

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

I am also givin the certification this dec through SAP TechEd'2007.U r a bit late for that as registration for that closes on 23rd Nov.The link for it is:

http://www.sapteched.com

Neway u can get the list of certification exams and the course u need to cover for them from the following link:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/exams.epx

1)As far as wat i get to know from seniors and other certified people is dat the exam is tough as ques u get are indirect.U can check the course through the above mentioned site.Questions come from the course book mentioned in certification course.

2)U cannot get material from any sap site as exchange of sap material is strictly prohibited.U have to register online which requires some fees to be payed for getting these material or else u undergo SAP training in ur company.U can study the mentioned topics from sap's help site.

3)There is no such fixed time duration for preparing,u can get urself prepared in a month time.All u need is to be thorough with all the topics mentioned in course prerequisite.

4)Prior J2ee background is not required but u should have basic idea of how things work in portal.Questions are objective type based and 25% are scenario.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Priyanka

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you very much for valuable information.

I have seen <a href="http://www.sapteched.com/india/reg/certificationExams2.htm">http://www.sapteched.com/india/reg/certificationExams2.htm</a> but I do not see a code for portal certification. You are appearing in portal certification, what is the code for it? Also you are appearing for associate level exam or professional exam? At what experience you are appearing in this exam? I have just started working on it, So I am just trying to figure out a possibility appearing in exam for me.

Thanks,

Lave Kulshreshtha

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lave,

Uptil previous year there was separate certifcation for EP,MI XI etc.But this year in TechEd they have started a new certifcation called C_JAVA_70.This is a mix of previous certifcation for EP and another one called Web Application Development Focus Java.U can find the exam code in the link i mentioned you previously apart from teched.I am going for C_JAVA_70.I m going through company sponsership,so for me the constraint was to have 1 yr experience in company and minimum 9 mnths exp in SAP.I am appearing for associate level exam.C_JAVA_70 is a good exam which you can undertake for portal certification but its main focus is on JAVA i.e 60% of Java and 40% webdynpro and JDI not portal.I think the link below might be of some help to understand wat u need to learn for being certified.

/people/ignacio.hernndez/blog/2007/01/14/web-application-development-focus-java--study-guide

This year there is only one certification for portal C_JAVA_70.The books u need for it are:

JA100,JA300,JA310,JA331,JA320 and JA340.

Hope this might be of help.

Regards

Priya