cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario that when some one <b>add new field to a table</b> or if some one<b> add new table</b> , I have to track it. Is it possible or not?.

I think <b>change tracking</b> option is only for Data. not for fields and tables

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change all the tables and fields to the same setting as a group by changing the default setting of the root node.

You can change all the fields of a table to the same setting as a group by changing the default setting of the table node.

Just go through this link for further details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/42/e965b4f7f23ee5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

My scenario is different. If I am adding a new field to a table , it should track.

Also if I am adding a new table to a repository, that should also track.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Ok. In the console for a particular repository under Admin node select the change tracking .

In change tracking details for a particular table and field for those you can track but in ur scenario No tracking will be possible for creating new table and fields.

But newly created table u can track ( change tracking settings if u mark YES for the table)

i think it may helps u

Regards

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The Change Tracking table is an MDM system table with a predefined set of fields, and records that are not directly visible in either the MDM Console or the MDM Client.

Each record is created automatically by MDM when the value of any field that you are tracking is changed, providing an audit log of changes within the system.

The Create Stamp, Time Stamp, and User Stamp field types provide a

basic “change tracking” capability. All three field types are read-only and

are automatically updated by MDM as follows:

<b>• Create Stamp.</b> Set with the date and time when a record is first

created.

<b>• Time Stamp.</b> Set with the date and time each time any of the fields

being tracked are updated.

• User Stamp. Set with the name of the user who makes the change

when any of the fields being tracked are updated.

when user select the data type as create stamp,time stamp it asks the user for the fields for which the user wants to track the records.

<b>Note :</b> the fields with data type as only for change tracking and are not syndicable nor u can map these fields in the import manager.

Please reward me with points if u find this blog helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Deepankar