cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical System in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Iam new to XI and working on XI support. Please do help me in the following issue.

I have been asked to change the Technical systems in SLD. They were pointing to the old R3. Now I need to change them to point to the new landscape. In this case do I need to delete the old Techinical systems? If yes, will it not have any effect on the already developed objects in the ID.

Please do advise me in this case.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radhika,

As Prabhu said is correct. So if you are not aware how to change or create new technical systme then go through Step 5 of this link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/flatFILETOFLATFILE&

As a matter of effect on old (already developed) objects, in the Integration Directory you have to make the changes in CC (like user name, password, client, IP Address, System No etc..) if one of your scenarion deals with R/3 as a RECEIVER system.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to refresh the Cache to get the updates for already developed objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, need. But if you do a cache referesh there is no harm.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika ,

No need to dlete the technical system name .

You can try this -

register the Integration engine of the new R/3 system into SLD.

You can log on the new R/3 system and go to sxmb_adm - check the URL it is pointing to . Try to to change the Technical system in SLD with the new R/3 system registered.

You can try this and let us know if you get any issues.

Cheers,

Reddy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can delete but make sure to have the new one created with the same name. this will not create any conflict with the existing objects.