cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Ticker and How to populate value in it ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can any one help me out to create a simple ticker ..

Can you take me through the steps .... I tried some which are not working ..

I have added a form where I have a submit button with a ticker and other fields, and the output is a table with two fields ... where both the fields has only one value ..

I want these values to be displayed in Ticker box ... How can I do it ??

Regards,

chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandrasekaran,

If you mean you want to view the table columns as tickers, that's not possible. Tickers can be used only on forms and not on tables. However, upon selection of an entry in the table, you could trigger an action to a form passing the table column entries and then use the expression box in the ticker to display the values in the ticker. If you could be specific and elaborate on your scenario,we could suggest alternative solns. hope this helps.

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Thanx for your reply.

Let me explain my scenario. It is very simple .. I have a BW Query where the put put is Netsales till yesterday. The output is a 1 row 1 column value which should be displayed in a ticker with respective date (date single value ie till yesterday).

Query is very simple. As you said It can be used only in a form.

In a form I have added a ticker. In style -> condition -> @Net_Sales==true where <b>@Net_sales</b> is the NetSales value string. It is not gining any error but, output is not displayed where as If I use a text box to display the same value is displayed.

I know that I m missing some settings, can u guide me to do that properly.

Regards,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chan,

why do you hv the condition @Net_Sales ==true on the style tab? i think what you're trying to do here is hv the style implemented only when there's a net_Sales value returned by the query. if so, change the condition to "not ISNULL(@net_Sales_value)". In addition, hv you set the Expression box on the General tab of the ticker to display the "@Net_Sales" value etc?

also am assuming you already hv a data flow line from the bw query output port feeding the form (which has the ticker)..hope this helps...

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

As you mentioned, I tried the same and Ticker is working but with an added field.

When deployed the model, as per the layout I designed the ticker is wrking along with a text box with a label where the text box is editable with the same value whihc is present ticker.

I think this is a bug as when I searched through forum many has come across the same issue. But the text box is not displayed during design time, It is displayed only during run time. Do you have any clue how to resolve the issue???

Thanx for your valuble suggestions. Points awarded..

Regards,

Chandrashekar