cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a problem in SDM. I am trying to deploy ESS business packages but during the deployment I am getting the error given below:

Error: Aborted: development component 'com.sap.pct.employee'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'60.2.20040923142302.0000', grouped by software component 'BP_ERP4ESS'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.60.2.0.20041012014145':

Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more information, see SAP note 701654.

com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthExceptionWrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain connection to the J2EE Engine.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineSingleModuleOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)

From the error; it is obvious that the administrator password is wrong or user is locked. From "http://portal.astron.yasar.com.tr:50100/useradmin" I changed the password of the administrator user and unlocked it and gave another initial password also I gave the same password from config tool "Filesystem Secure Store".

But I still get the same error from SDM also I can not login Visual Administrator,

"User Authentication Failed" error is got.

I am waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well what i am suggesting is although not a std prctice to be followed, but i gues this helps to resolve the issue,

logon to the portal using Admin uesr id (You have changed the pwd for this user). now go to user aministration and search for admin user and change the password to say "test123" save it, now logoff from portal. Now logon to the portal using admin id and password "test123", this will show the message the "Password is expired" so now change the password to your original old password that was working with SDM earlier. now try logging to the SDM. This is the approach i always follow whenever i have to change my password. Also revert back all the changes you made in secure and active user store.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya,

Thanks a lot I tried your solution and that worked fine, thanks for the great help.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had similar problem once, and the problem is solved by updating the password in ConfigTool>SecureStore as Krishna mentioned.

Apart from this, unlock the J2EE_ADMIN user before logging into SDM/VA.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to portal. I have unlocked the administrator user. Must I unlock the user J2EE_ADMIN too?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unlock J2EE_ADMIN also

0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

In visual administrator --> Security Provider --> User Management there is no user called J2EE_ADMIN user. Is it possible that the user J2EE_ADMIN's name changed?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don;t change any thing here.....just reset password for administrator only if u already changed password of administrator in portal....don't change any other setting s here

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done all these things. But useless .

Any other suggestions?

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The administrator user's password is not only stored in the active user

store, but also in secure storage in the file system so that certain

applications such as the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) can use it to

connect to the J2EE Engine.

Therefore, when you change the administrator user's password in the user

store, you must also update the entry in secure storage in the file system.

Otherwise, the SDM attempts to connect to the J2EE Engine using the old

password and you receive the error message mentioned above.

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir>\configtool\configtool.bat.)

2.Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system

appears.

3. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

4. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and

choose "Add".

5. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

Note: Contrary to the message that appears, you do not need to

restart the server or cluster for this change to take effect.

6. Finally restart SDM server.

Hope this helps u

regards

Krishna.