Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item cat determination from sales ord.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

the sales doc. type is known (ZDR)

the Item cat. grp. of the statistical line item is known, LEIS

where can I see the rest two [Usg. & HLevltca(Val.= 0 in S.O) ], that's needed for the key in vov4?

ZDR + LEIS + ? + ? = L2S

all i need to know is what's exactly proposing the L2S in the sales order ?

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

hi,

Here in ur case Item category is determined based

Sales Doc Type ZDR + Item Category Group(LEIS) + Nil + Nil -> Item Category L2S

CHAN

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

I'll now check it out tomorrow,

but all you folks out there on this forum are just smashing Great !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Atma Ram,

you can put the usage in customer material info record VD51 or VD52 in the info record details screen, you can go to details screen by double clicking on the material field and the last field is item usage

HLevltca for L2S is L2W, you can maintain the combination as

ZDR LEIS SENI L2S

ZDR LEIS SENI L2W L2S

I hope this will ease your confusion

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The usage is used to determine the ITEM CATEGORY, it is maintained in CUSTOMER MATERIAL INFO RECORDS ,in the bottom most part of the screen u can see it.

Usage is used primarily for text items to go with the standard item.

For ex. repairs for a material.

Now for your problem you need to key in SENI in usage and L2W for what you are looking for L2S as an output

Hope this helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Permit me to be a little ignorant :-). in the bottom most part of which screen[ VD52-53] or ?because for this material were no info records found.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you find no usage is maintain in the cust matl info rec, then keep the icat determination simply as

ZDR LEIS <blank> <blank> L2S

ZDR LEIS <blank> L2W L2S

regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u want know where we have define i can tell sprosdsales- sales documentssales docus item catagorydefine item cat usages

and the second question is hi- item catgory, that will used for free goods, material determination, bills of materials(bom)

item catgory will controls how the material should behave when we enter the mateial in the particular sales document(priced,shedulelinealloed, order or del related billing, return item, cost and weights allowed like this......)

thanks

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

Your question is not very clear, and as prabhakar is saying, we can have the usage and higher level item category field totally blank and only order type and Item category group can determine the item category.

As we all know there are four things which determines the item categories. However here only two are mandatory to determine an item category. That two are order type and the item category grroup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

this is the dilemma.

some gang came here and messed up the configs.

Now I come here and customer wants me to clean up and I'm facing this dilemma

there's a wrong item cat proposed on sales order-->item level , say L2W

I find out that the proper one should be L2S

now when I check VOV4

I see :-

S.doc type(known)+ It cat grp(known) +sein + = L2w

S.doc type(known)+ It cat grp(known) +sein +l2s = L2w

S.doc type(known)+ It cat grp(known) +sein +l2w = L2w

thus I need a change ,such that I can have

S.doc type(known)+ It cat grp(known) + ? + ? = L2S

*the WRONG one needs to be overwritten

Question is :-->which one to touch now ?

I can chg. all one by one and test in 'Q' , but that's elimination and also lot of work with productn. orders.

am I making myself clear here guys ?

that problem line in sales order does not tell me which of the existing combinations to touch/or not touch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atma,

As we all kjow there are four things which determines the item categories. However here only two are mandatory to determine an item category. That two are order type and the item category grroup.