cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto mail generation in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiiii

I am facing a problem in automatic generation of E-Mail during billing. The scenario is that whenever the user saves a billing document an e-mail will generate automatically and notify the customer about the materials billed and the value of the invoice. The e-mail address will be stored in the customer master record of the payer. Now the problem is that in which form routine i will attach this mail generation programme so that this mail is automatically generated when the billing document is saved. Or else you can also suggest me how to configure this procedure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritam,

you can config this in 2 ways

1. By output type: Config a output determination and a output type and in the output program tell the ABAP person to pick the email id from customer master and send an email with the required details

2. By userexit: in the billing userexit call a function module which sends the email to the customer when you save the billing doc

first decide which way you like to proceed then i can elaborate more on that

regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii,

Thnks for your comments.

I want to configure it in the billing user exit. Also let me elaborate more on this requirement. The mail should go to the customer while saving and also on the preparation of the accounting document. It is not desirable that the billing document is created but the accounting document has not been released due to some errors and the mail has gone to the customer. Further this facility will be implemented for selected sales organisations and distribution channels and for billing type F2.

Now I want to know in which billing user exit i have to call which function module, that will serve my purpose. Also if you have any other ideas please suggest.

Regards

Ritam

former_member274400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

User exit is not required. Its standard SAP functionality and can be done through the procedure explained above. If you want immediate mail then only in master data maintained immediate release after saving the document. (option 4). It will work out.

Regards,

Mukul

VaishNarasimhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. By output type.

Can you please eloborate me how to work on this?. I have a similar requirement.

By output program means , You mean the print program for the output type?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If your SD output configuration is set up correctly, an e-mail from SAP using medium 5 should go through just fine via SAP connect (transaction SCOT). When it works, the external recipient should receive an e-mail with a PDF attachment containing the form image, regardless of whether it has been created via SAP script or Smart Forms. Depending on your output determination settings, this even can happen in the background, without any interaction with the SAP front end (e.g. for invoices created automatically by a batch job).

Typically, a failed send will be flagged in the message control table (NAST), and this table should be monitored closely. However, there are many reasons why a document hasn't gone through, and this can be the case with both outgoing faxes and e-mails from SAP. The solution to both is the same: After identifying the failed document, re-send it manually by going inside it in change mode and repeating the appropriate output. If an obsolete customer e-mail address was the culprit, a customer master change would also be required, along with an audit of any docs recently created for this customer.

If any underlying data has changed since initial issuance, a re-sent document may not appear identical to the (failed) original. Sometimes, as when address info has been corrected, this can be a good thing. After all, the new document is more accurate than the old one.

In other cases, such as when pricing info has changed, it might be a cause for serious concern. There are several ways to deal with this concern:

1) Limit the types of changes allowed on certain docs after creation

2) Set up a doc image archive via Archive Link and re-issue output from there instead of from the current doc; or

3) For highly sensitive docs, consider a more secure delivery method.

REFER BELOW LINK

Sending a Smart Form output via e-mail

you need to maintain the email address of the customer in the customer master and then need to configure the output type in the NACE transaction .and in the settings choose the medium as email.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b7c9f43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/e5cb365f6511d2b458006094b9476a/content.htm

check the above links

CHAN

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can configure while giving the output condition records for billing documents in Tcode VV31. There you have to mention the customer number, its Partner Function(SP/PY etc.,) and in the Medium select the External Send and in the Time column - select option 4(send immediately when saving the application).

Thanks,

Ravi