Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to trigger a new page in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a smart form in which i need to display multiple items of a itab

when being displayed the items would appear in a scrollbar,but i want to avoid this and continue to next window when the items fill that main window.

structure:

page1

window1

main window

table(this is where i have to display the multiple items)

window2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kittu

when you are trying to print using smart forms in main window and the data lines go beyond the size of the window it automatically goes to the next page specified whose settings can be changed .

by default the first page is set as next page.

Regards

Sumant Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i agree with you all it automatically should go to the next page,here i am send the form as a mail of outlook.when open the mail i see all the items of table in a scroll

instead of being triggered to next page?please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the counter inside the loop

click the mouse right button putting cursor on tree , select command there you can find the next page option. Here in condition tab you give like counter = 30.

i.e. for every thirty records it will trigger the new page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try this.

1.Apply a loop at main window.Put info Data tab of that loop.It will be like loop at itab into work_area.

This will print ur line items completly (if required it may go on 2nd page).

2.Now, this will continue printing till line items are not over. But if u require the same info like Page1 (it may be header of a table) u have to do----

Copy Page1 to Page2. Next page of Page 1 will be Page 2 so that even if line items are printing on 2nd page u will get other info like 1 st page. If u dont want to print other info refer point 1.

Thanks.

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are displaying the items in Main window, then no need to handle the next page separately, it will automatically trigger the next , and the data will continue in next page.