Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

VERY UREGENT:UPGRADATION FROM BW 3.0B TO SAP NETWEAVERS

HI ALL,

We are currently planning to Upgrade TO SAP Netweavers 2004 (BI).Our Current version is 3.0B.Now We are planning about the preupgrade Activities.As far as the upgrade plan is concerned ,Our client is currently only concerned about Technical upgrade and the rest about using the new technology will be planned later while we finish the technical upgrade.I have already gone through various Links in SDN .But ,I have certain Questions ,So i would like to have specific answers from you.Also ,I want to know about the sizing requirements.?

1.1 what space SAP says is required to do Minimize Downtime

1.2) cpu & memory

2) Add requirements such as GUI ---Netweaver GUI???

3)What is the minimum support pack level that should be applied before we upgrade to Sap Netweavers and what is the latest support pack level?

4) what are the plugins that need to be installed?

5) what is meant by database upgrade (Database & SAP Kernel upgrade) and system upgrade and what do we need to do?

6)What is Regression testing?

7)what is meant by SPAU list review?

8) what do u mean by Prepare Run and what are the activities that are done in this phase and what are Pre Prepare Phase Activities?

9)What is external IGS server with v3.0B?

Please take some time out and help me in this regard.Points will be assigned.This is very urgent for me.

I also want to know ,approximately ,what is the time taken to complete the technical upgrade?

Regards,

Samir

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question