cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed NWDS 2004 in my system. I have 2 folders in my system ,one is JDK 1.5.0.09 version and one more is J2re 1.4.0.13 .

What is the difference b/w these two ,I mean JDK and J2re(runtime environment).

If I build a DC ,it is giving the following error.

[echo] Starting Java compiler

[javac] Compiling 28 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\wb319033\.dtc\0\t\E92251A26DB5BF8CE5D55C217A7AEFDB\classes

C:\Documents and Settings\wb319033\.dtc\0\t\E92251A26DB5BF8CE5D55C217A7AEFDB\gwd\packages\wb\org\upi\UpisearchView.java:23: as of release 1.5, 'enum' is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier

(try -source 1.4 or lower to use 'enum' as an identifier)

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.repository.enum.WDComponentLifecycleEnumInfo;

^

1 error

It is suggesting to use 1.4 or lower version. but I am confused that is it suggesting for the J2re or JDk ?

and also where should we declare the usage of this java folders in NWDS?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For WD you need to use JDK 1.4 and not 1.5 (which is not supported).

Open your NWDS -> Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs and make sure that 1.4.x is checked.

Then, try to compile again your project.

Basically JRE is for runtime and JDK is for developing (compiling).

The terminology in SAP NWDS is confusing: "The checked JRE will be used by default to <b>build</b> and run Java Programs"

Regards,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

I have JDK 1.5.x installed in my system ,I dont have JDK 1.4.x but I have j2re (runtime environment) 1.4.x . I even changed Installed JREs option to 1.4.x but it is still giving the same error. what should I do for JavaDoc path setting in NWDS ?

Help me out.

Regards,

Bharath A.