Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the difference between Public and Private layout in ALV report.

How I can make a report Public?

Thanks in Advance,

Savitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first I would suggest you taking a look at the CL_GUI_ALV_GRID, are the methods for "PRINT" and "FIND" available for you to call or are they "private" methods. If they are "public", then you may be able to call the associated methods of all the instances of the class. First, take a look and see if you can even call them? In Se24, it should say what kind of methods they are, public, private, or protected.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first I would suggest you taking a look at the CL_GUI_ALV_GRID, are the methods for "PRINT" and "FIND" available for you to call or are they "private" methods. If they are "public", then you may be able to call the associated methods of all the instances of the class. First, take a look and see if you can even call them? In Se24, it should say what kind of methods they are, public, private, or protected.