Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in Check Numbering

former_member305655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am Using SAP B1 - 2005B PL27 version.

In this version i am not able to define Different numbering series to check.

For Eg,

Series 1 - Check No 1 to 1000.

Series 2 - Check No. 2000 to 3000.

The above version only allows me to define the starting Check number & consequtively it generates the next check no. on auto.And more over it allows only one numbering series.

Is there any other solution to come out of this problem.Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance,

Badri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Badri,

In that case, you will have to manually set the Check numbering when you get a new numbering series from the Bank.

Once you set the new numbering SAP will remember to start using that numbering and start calculating the next number from there on.

The time you get a new check book from the Bank, you will have to change the Check number when you perform Document Printing > Checks for Payment..

Thats all I have as a suggession for now..

best wishes

Suda

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Badri,

Checks are different than marketing documents where mutiple numbering series can be defined.

Could I ask what is the requirement prompting you to defind mutiple series?

If you have mutiple Bank Accounts, then you could have different check numbering.

Suda

former_member305655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Actually Why i need different Numbering in checks,because The Check book issued by Bank will have Max. fo 100 Check Leafs with different numbers in the increasing order.(for Eg check no.11250 to 11350).After Completion of all these check leafs.the another check book issued by the same bank has different numbering series(For Eg. 12000 to 12100).it has no continuation in numbering s with the earlier check book.

How to address these problem.

Rgds,

Badri.