cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to supress blank fields in report ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am trying to build a report which should give only result row infront of each customer..i dont want any keyfigure details..i tried SUPRESS RESULT in CACULATE SINGLE VALUES AS in keyfigure properties but its giving blank fields in place of single values..How do i remove this blank fields..

Any idea pls share..

regards,

Rajendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Try using any conditions in the report.

OR

Try using 'With only one value' for Suppress results rows.

Regards,

Praveen Tati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

You should be able to achieve this with Suppression in the Query Properties. Display tab, Suppression, Active (All values = 0).

If you have any characteristics in after your customer, you may want to think about removing them.

If you have a structure in the report, make sure it's properties (right mouse click it) allow for suppression with the structure.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gill,

i tried wot u asked to do in query properties but its still the same..n as u said i need to take out another char(net due date) in my rows will not work cause if i take out that then my formula will not work..

anything else can be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

What's your report layout currently?

Customer a - Due Date - Key fig

Customer a - Due Date - Key fig

Customer b - Due Date - Key fig

Customer b - Due Date - Key fig

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gill,

yes the layout is same as u mentioned..

ROWS -

COLUMNS

customer-net due date----

balance-formula-formula

net due date is used as replacement path variable to calculate other formulae.

if i take out net due date from rows my formulae are not working.

i tried SUPRESS RESULT in CALCULATE SINGLE VALUES AS..its giving only result BUT in place of single values its giving me blank fields..i dont want those blank fields..:-(

regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

If you don't want blank cells, and you need the net Due date in the rows for your formula - what output are you trying to achieve?

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gill,

i have hidden my net due date char..n have few formulae which works on net due date..now for each customer i want only the result row to appear..not the details of key figures..tis can be done on excel by vba code..how to achieve tis in web..??

regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

This can be done by creating a structure in the columns and do the new selection there, so that you can have the charecteristic which have been used in the formulae as well as you can display the values as you want. But you need to to hide the structure which you dont want to display...

Hope it helps...

Assign Points if it helps...

Regards,

Gattu